Guys, kinda stupid question here. I cant seem to fit the pin/knob on the sustainer intensity back in after I disassembled it. Also, can I just leave it out? I dont need it. (Im talking about the FSK 401 sustainer kit from fernandes)

if you don't use it to change, i'm sure it can mbe left out fine. most of Matt's are without, i think only 007 had it

• 2 weeks later...

10850313_1512823512329667_8574109177110072443_n.jpg?oh=f4037dcdcc288951ff2c300f67ddca69&oe=55693C5C

That's actually genius, but probably the worst way to go about doing it!

Genius. Absolute genius.

In a few months, machined Aluminium/brass/unobtanium versions will start showing up as unique mojo parts on TGP for a million bucks each..

Mark my words...

My new toy.

I scored an Apogee One and have been messing around with it.

I was wondering how do you guys usually set about recording before I go and make a dick of myself. Do you usually just mic up your amp and go for it. or plug into your computer and record studio style?

I have the Apogee to plug into my macbook. Iv'e had that for years and only ever used the creative suite for work, never looked into recording or filming. complete amature. It's got the internal camera for video and garage band or imovie or whatever else is built in to the mac to play with. What are your thoughts / recommendations?

What do you want to hear?!

I've been practicing heaps of 4 chord Muse songs for the Ukulele

2131606598_photo(14).thumb.JPG.e2ba562cc49c392979f527c9cacd8031.JPG

Progress on my 2nd build... Going a bit faster since I have templates and notes laying around. Pickups are from Mansons website, the MBK-90S set and the MBK 2 bridge pickup. Only one of the P90's will be used I think but in this pic they're just laying on the body. I'm thinking the color will be based off my old 1967 BSA motorcycle but then again it could change at the last minute...

10903688_387487291428544_418373052_n.jpg

I scored an Apogee One and have been messing around with it.

I was wondering how do you guys usually set about recording before I go and make a dick of myself. Do you usually just mic up your amp and go for it. or plug into your computer and record studio style?

I have the Apogee to plug into my macbook. Iv'e had that for years and only ever used the creative suite for work, never looked into recording or filming. complete amature.

Garageband went to shit after version 6 because you can't use VST's or other external plugins which is a bugger. So I have a mac mini still laying around for recording purposes. I wish you luck with that Apogee One as I had a Duet from them and it didn't last very long.

Anyways your macbook should have no problems with the interface and usually when I'm recording I just plug straight in.

Cheers for the word of the wise Roadking.

Garage band is still the same version that came with the macbook, I've never used it so haven't updated it. Plugged the Apogee into it last night and had a play, no issues so we will see how I go. And I've only heard great things about the ONE so I hope it serves me well.

Do you have a pic of your first build?

Very cool. Love the burst finish and beautiful simplicity of it.

Did you make the body and bolt on the neck or whole lot?

It's not too dissimilar to the new Corts that are being released and that's by no means an insult, must make for a versatile instrument. If I could play anything with 6 stings I'd buy one.

I remember before I started building the first one I used photoshop and made an outline of one of the Manson guitars. A friend of mine in California helped out and got it to scale then sent it back to me printed out. For the first one I made 2 bodies, one from cheap pine (used for checking routes) and the one on the guitar itself made from ash.

The neck was pre-built. As far as the pickups go, neck is a gibson P-90 that came out of an old les paul from the 70's. The bridge pickup is a Dimarzio DP100.

Since the Cydonia has been built I've gotten a pretty great response from it. Most people really dig the blue sunburst. What really proved to me that I had made a great guitar was when my friend Eric had started playing it. He ended up playing the guitar for an entire night... Probably slept with it too but when someone who has played with the likes of Bob Dylan back in the day loves the guitar you've made then yeah you're doing a great job.

Last weekend at my job someone was talking to me about guitars and whatnot in general and goes "So a man that not only is a great guitar player but also builds them must be pretty good with the ladies huh?"

Sadly... I need some better luck in that department. One day when the ladies are tired of dating douchebags... Then maybe my luck will change.

Doesn't get much better praise than that man.

Hearing your creation played by someone of that caliber must be awesome.

Whats the overall plans for the 2nd build? Dad used to race old bikes back in his day and had a passion for triumphs. Anything British really, we are now a family of Ford Capri's

Those BSA's usually a cherry red, black and a bit of chrome?

I left my finish decision to the last minute too.

Well here's a pic of me on the bike... It's actually a british blue of some kind and getting that paint was kind of difficult when my Dad restored it. I keep looking at it wondering if the color would actually work or not because if I don't have a pinstripe along the edge it might not look right...

1098523_536288106436573_1130683888_n.jpg?oh=a2f98e14beb3b1de677bb9b95127575d&oe=55642DC3&__gda__=1431678442_59dd484b6f9ceec1d4bd7b7e5dbf9407

in the name of perspex breaking science, i'm about to order a long piece of mirror and see about the effects of the lenght when it comes to bend it.

1800x500mm... taller than me by two centimeters :LOL:

my strategy will be to break it in all its lenght and choose the spot that shows the best crack combination.

i'm crossing my fingers so hard i'm gonna break them :D

This may sound like a lame way around but I tried cutting into the back of the mirror perspex with a craft knife in a shatter pattern. I got good results that way on a few off cuts I had.

It will obviously take a while but you could print of the shatter pattern you want, tape it to the back and trace away with a few beers and you will get the look you are after. It saves trying to glue a shattered puzzle together and you don't have the risk of a piece falling out.

You won't get the same distorted look when light hits it as the front surface is still smooth so it won't bounce off in slightly different directions.

I also burnt the back with a lighter too see what would happen, It burnt funny enough.

Just an idea.

92674955_photo(10).JPG.881b60c7c1740db3ef33001e7867ac02.JPG

I tried it once but, unfortunately, the illusion work only on small pieces... :(

once you go bigger it becomes obvious that it's just a scratch.

I'll try to clamp wood on the part I dont want to crack and bend it progressively. I was even thinking about LIQUID NITROGEN while it is slightly bended :D

I may actually be stupid enough to work...

EDIT:

I got my giant mirror!

I hope it'll get as good as this guy's 2ds screen :D

http://i.imgur.com/HM7NY3b.jpg

here's the perfect triangle we were talking about :p

Archived