Wait was this to me ^^"

Thank you :D I might try to find some black screws for the tuner buttons :D Is it hard to fix the volume knob?

Speaking of Les Paul, I made the mistake of doing this to mine and now I *NEED* those knobs on it as well T_T

CYOzoISUkAACFi7.jpg:medium

Ya know, I kept looking at pictures of the Matt Blacks with chrome stuff on, and somehow the chrome hardware & the alum knobs were different shades of silver, which bothered the crap out of me, so I just got black stuff :facemelt:

Sounds like a good idea, it's amazing how good little details like different screw colours can look on guitars.

And the volume pots not a big job I just need to solder the new pot in place, I just don't have the time and as I have a volume pedal it doesn't really affect me either...

I'm actually looking at my MBC-1 while posting this and kind of feel it needs a bit of stealthiness now :ninja:

Olly

Yep it's very similar ! mine is brighter in places almost chrome , yours is more matt, unrefined but I love too! And mirror backplates are so cool !

Yeah I'm intrigued by your method, does depend on the light however as it looks metal...

When you starting up your luthier business?

chromeback.thumb.jpg.ca765e31861c4ed14def8c88b968a46f.jpg

Oooft.

Were any KnTers nominated in board awards? Naturally voted for James for best (worst?) mod

Seemed like it was actually best and worst, then best meant worst, and worst meant best, and now I don't know what it means.

I have no idea what this meant for Tom though, as he barely got any votes in either category last year.

And you mean in the actual polls or just nominations? I know you got nominated for biggest drama queen (did I miss some :srsb33f: that happened?), and I got nominated for a few (and for the first time actually showed up in a poll besides the usual best worst mod one)

Seemed like it was actually best and worst, then best meant worst, and worst meant best, and now I don't know what it means.

I have no idea what this meant for Tom though, as he barely got any votes in either category last year.

And you mean in the actual polls or just nominations? I know you got nominated for biggest drama queen (did I miss some :srsb33f: that happened?), and I got nominated for a few (and for the first time actually showed up in a poll besides the usual best worst mod one)

Best of the worst? And no idea. I hate everything, maybe that's why. Maybe I've been complaining too much about p90s

Yeah I'm intrigued by your method, does depend on the light however as it looks metal...

When you starting up your luthier business?

this picture is really like my finish.

but mine is still a bit brighter place especially the place where the finish is the highlight , it looks like chrome.

I'll probably start my business during the year.

if what I'm doing you interested you can add me on Facebook , I post pictures of my work

Yup

Oooft.

Were any KnTers nominated in board awards? Naturally voted for James for best (worst?) mod

Ya know I can't decide if I want all black or if I like this better :$ What's the anodizing process like? Can I make sure that it doesn't change the knobs size and stuff? :$

Also the guitar is strung with a set of 10-52 EB and for some reasons I still want the low E tighter. Kind of want to slap a .060 bass string on to see why Matt likes it so much. I know it can ruin the neck if I do it wrong, so can anyone tell me how to do it right?

Ya know I can't decide if I want all black or if I like this better :$ What's the anodizing process like? Can I make sure that it doesn't change the knobs size and stuff? :$

Also the guitar is strung with a set of 10-52 EB and for some reasons I still want the low E tighter. Kind of want to slap a .060 bass string on to see why Matt likes it so much. I know it can ruin the neck if I do it wrong, so can anyone tell me how to do it right?

He allegedly used a bass string on the studio recording of CE. Just put a .62 gauge guitar string from Ernie Ball on, not bass string. You can buy them individually online. Doubt you'd really have to make any adjustments, it's only one string at a slightly higher tension, the rest of the strings are still the same. If it feels different then probably just tighten the truss rod a little or ask here.

Anodising wise, makes almost 0 difference to size, pretty much negligible, so little it's measured in microns so don't worry about it not fitting after. Attached a pic of my guitar when it was in its build stage with original ali pickguard and knob and then after

225444_10151479273459316_1396342455_n.jpg?oh=ae5284f694b49cc22d40601c617291e0&oe=5709DB49

0VcKoZ8l.png

He allegedly used a bass string on the studio recording of CE. Just put a .62 gauge guitar string from Ernie Ball on, not bass string. You can buy them individually online. Doubt you'd really have to make any adjustments, it's only one string at a slightly higher tension, the rest of the strings are still the same. If it feels different then probably just tighten the truss rod a little or ask here.

Anodising wise, makes almost 0 difference to size, pretty much negligible, so little it's measured in microns so don't worry about it not fitting after. Attached a pic of my guitar when it was in its build stage with original ali pickguard and knob and then after

225444_10151479273459316_1396342455_n.jpg?oh=ae5284f694b49cc22d40601c617291e0&oe=5709DB49

0VcKoZ8l.png

O___O That looks really good. Is it a UK based company you used? Does it cost much to anodize stuff?

Yeah, I sent it to these guys. IIRC it was £30 and the turnover was ridiculously quick, like two days sending it off, getting it done and sent back

http://www.badgeranodising.co.uk

COol. I'm in the US (that's why I asked) but it looks like there are several people around who could do it. Did you send the screws in to get anodized too, or did you unscrew everything?

Strange, I would think 10-52s in standard would have a pretty good tension already. I think a .060 would be a bit much tuned to E, but for drop D it works pretty well. Matt uses the standard EB 10-46 gauge strings, but the bottom (.046) string replaced with the .060.

You might have to make the nut slot a little bigger for the .060, and possibly tighten the truss rod. Depends on how it reacts though, and where it is now.

Always meant to ask, is your guitar custom made or did you buy it then have it modded?

Body was received unfinished by Warmoth, neck is a Warmoth one I bought all finished from Phill on here. Pick guard was cut from a sheet of aluminium and finish done by s friend. Sustainer added a year on down the line

Custom partscaster. I'm tempted to get the body redone by Alpher though one day

Body was received unfinished by Warmoth, neck is a Warmoth one I bought all finished from Phill on here. Pick guard was cut from a sheet of aluminium and finish done by s friend. Sustainer added a year on down the line

Custom partscaster. I'm tempted to get the body redone by Alpher though one day

Nice. Kind of seems like Jack from Marmozets ripped you off a bit with some of his Alphers :LOL:

The one he used in the sunburn video?

Not that one :LOL:

Nice. Kind of seems like Jack from Marmozets ripped you off a bit with some of his Alphers :LOL:

Not that one :LOL:

Yeeeeeah that third one there's definitely some similarities. Came about a couple of months after I was chatting to Alpher about redoing mine as well. But then mines ripping off Bellamy, just a different shape so who am I to talk

Strange, I would think 10-52s in standard would have a pretty good tension already. I think a .060 would be a bit much tuned to E, but for drop D it works pretty well. Matt uses the standard EB 10-46 gauge strings, but the bottom (.046) string replaced with the .060.

You might have to make the nut slot a little bigger for the .060, and possibly tighten the truss rod. Depends on how it reacts though, and where it is now.

Someone at EB posted on reddit that Matt doesn't use the 60 anymore. Just the standard RPS set.

Archived