What does it do though? The same thing these do?

http://www.rawvintage.com/eng/item_springs.php

Fa$cinating really. If I left the new springs in my new strat, this would mean it would sound like a brand new strat did in the 1960s, rather than a brand new strat today. Mind you, it wouldn't have that broken in sound that a 40+ year old strat has today.

For example, Hendrix used new strats in the 60's. I might as well leave the new springs in my new strat so I sound like him, no? NO because the rest of the guitar isn't the same and I can't play like him either :erm:

#logic

On a side note, this still exists?

http://pickuppocketputty.com/

You can't play hysteria with EMGs silly.

First there were internal fuzz factories

Then there were internal X-Y pads

NOW.... internal reverb tank

12391336_926283514126792_6602663357755957933_n.jpg?oh=1f8cd03a4a899159d13f539cf0916940&oe=570B3783

You know, I didn't even notice the massive hole below the bridge at first. :facepalm:

What's going on with those double bridge springs?! This is a classic example of someone going on a forum with an "idea" and instead of being brought back down to sanity, one person says to do it :LOL:

That's a quality wiring/routing job right there :facepalm:

Its a test bed, doesn't need to be pretty. And it does work, it generates a springy ambience that's pretty unique. Clapton uses standard trems blocked off rather than hardtails as it sounds more Strat like.

Regarding the springs, Hendrix used five springs in his guitar, they had a lower tension than modern. production or so I understand. I have no evidence other than internet postings.

Its a test bed, doesn't need to be pretty. And it does work, it generates a springy ambience that's pretty unique. Clapton uses standard trems blocked off rather than hardtails as it sounds more Strat like.

Regarding the springs, Hendrix used five springs in his guitar, they had a lower tension than modern. production or so I understand. I have no evidence other than internet postings.

Whether or not that's true, that website claims that the sound is different due to age, rather than the springs being lower tension to begin with

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone and Happy New Year!

I just present the small last, I got bored during the holidays of Christmas so I decided to use waste of wood and aluminum of guitar that I made before to do a new DL- 1

Wood: meranti 2 parts

aluminum side ( of my first DL -1)

back and sides molten metal effect.

1452078652-sans-titre-1.jpg

1452078478-20151210-171502.jpg

1452078489-20151218-170142.jpg

1452078493-20151218-170203.jpg

Not "luthiery" per se but I did some simple modifications to the Cort on my own. Pretty proud of myself since i only took up guitar as a hobby this past summer :D Some pics:

Oiled the fretboard

sD8KKQ8l.jpg

Stripped naked

glzkF7xl.jpg

wS3qsHUl.jpg

vVXhPOtl.jpg

And... done!

k4Q8ubUl.jpg

iZ0whGpl.jpg

xNk8eDql.jpg

Original I wanted it to be Matt Black Stealth, but I changed my mind halfway through and ordered aluminum knobs instead. I figured if I wanted stealth later on then I can just transfer the silver knobs to the Les Paul. Should I stay with this combination or go stealthy? :rolleyes:

Not "luthiery" per se but I did some simple modifications to the Cort on my own. Pretty proud of myself since i only took up guitar as a hobby this past summer :D Some pics:

Oiled the fretboard

sD8KKQ8l.jpg

Stripped naked

glzkF7xl.jpg

wS3qsHUl.jpg

vVXhPOtl.jpg

And... done!

k4Q8ubUl.jpg

iZ0whGpl.jpg

xNk8eDql.jpg

Original I wanted it to be Matt Black Stealth, but I changed my mind halfway through and ordered aluminum knobs instead. I figured if I wanted stealth later on then I can just transfer the silver knobs to the Les Paul. Should I stay with this combination or go stealthy? :rolleyes:

how'd you get the control knobs off yours? mine aren't budging at all

how'd you get the control knobs off yours? mine aren't budging at all

with my girl muscles!

But seriously, I just cleaned my hands to make sure there's no oil and pulled them upwards. Don't be afraid, you can't break them that easily :D

Hello everyone and Happy New Year!

I just present the small last, I got bored during the holidays of Christmas so I decided to use waste of wood and aluminum of guitar that I made before to do a new DL- 1

Snip

That is incredible! How did you do the finish on the back??

That is incredible! How did you do the finish on the back??

Have you seen the one Phill did a few years back?

Anyway, just cleaning vile 0.25 up a bit after that time Jim visited Denmark Street.

PbpH90P.jpg

Didn't bother until now, as I needed to fix an electronic problem anyway. I think the hardware is that way due to humidity:

glfMJ2c.jpg

I got the mojo cleaned off the bridge plate, but the machine heads and a few other bits have the plating coming off like that. Probably not going to bother replacing it, as the rest of the guitar is far from clean looking (checking in the finish etc)

I got the mojo cleaned off the bridge plate, but the machine heads and a few other bits have the plating coming off like that. Probably not going to bother replacing it, as the rest of the guitar is far from clean looking (checking in the finish etc)

The same thing happened to all the gold hardware on my Epiphone dot. Some parts look sort of relic'd (or reliced?) though for vintage Marty McFly mojo.

Take the silver Ali knobs off, send them off somewhere like Badger Anodising (that's where I sent mine) and get them anodised black then whack em back on

This.

Also I'm pretty sure I know how the metal finish is done, I was just curious if this was the same technique.

And... done!

k4Q8ubUl.jpg

iZ0whGpl.jpg

I love the aluminium knobs on black tuners they look great, that's a top job you've done there :D

Still need to get modifying on my cort, I've still got to fix the volume pot after my companies 100 year celebration book decided to kamikaze off a shelf and snap the knob off! I've also got a sustainer that could go in there as well

but my les Paul restoration is coming on alright soooo.... At least something happening.

Also enjoying all the hammerite Finishes, I've still got to have ago at that myself. Pretty sure I know how it is done though even though everyone on here seems to be so secretive about it :ninja:

I love the aluminium knobs on black tuners they look great, that's a top job you've done there :D

Still need to get modifying on my cort, I've still got to fix the volume pot after my companies 100 year celebration book decided to kamikaze off a shelf and snap the knob off! I've also got a sustainer that could go in there as well

but my les Paul restoration is coming on alright soooo.... At least something happening.

Also enjoying all the hammerite Finishes, I've still got to have ago at that myself. Pretty sure I know how it is done though even though everyone on here seems to be so secretive about it :ninja:

It's an epoxy finish, not hammerite.

k4Q8ubUl.jpg

That looks really good with black hardware. I just put some new chrome stuff on mine but kind of prefer the black now. :facepalm:

Are you refinishing your les paul with the secret metallic finish?

It's an epoxy finish, not hammerite.

:LOL: I have no clue then ha ha!!!

So I take it that its a mix of metallic paint and epoxy? Are there any stabilisers involved?

Are you refinishing your les paul with the secret metallic finish?

Nope that's had a proper vintage metallica gold refinish using nitrocellulose paints :D looks really nice under a good light. I'll get some pictures up soon...

Take the silver Ali knobs off, send them off somewhere like Badger Anodising (that's where I sent mine) and get them anodised black then whack em back on

Wait was this to me ^^"

I love the aluminium knobs on black tuners they look great, that's a top job you've done there

Thank you :D I might try to find some black screws for the tuner buttons :D Is it hard to fix the volume knob?

Speaking of Les Paul, I made the mistake of doing this to mine and now I *NEED* those knobs on it as well T_T

CYOzoISUkAACFi7.jpg:medium

That looks really good with black hardware. I just put some new chrome stuff on mine but kind of prefer the black now.

Ya know, I kept looking at pictures of the Matt Blacks with chrome stuff on, and somehow the chrome hardware & the alum knobs were different shades of silver, which bothered the crap out of me, so I just got black stuff :facemelt:

Archived