Most Meaningful Muse Quote and Why

PwoperMuser723

So I was wondering what are everyone's favorite quotes that Muse have written? Not your favorite set of lyrics, but a line or lines from any of their songs that are very meaningful to you. Post down below your favorite quotes and explain why you like them!

It always changes for me, but as of now, the most meaningful quote to me is from Dead Inside:

"Don't leave me out in the cold, don't leave me out to die! I gave you everything - I can't give you anymore! Now I've become just like you!"

I think many people can relate to the meaning of those lyrics as much as I do. They remind me of my last relationship, which was a very unhealthy one. In my interpretation of those lyrics, I imagine someone needing their partner to be there for them but is always getting hurt by their partner. Their partner treats them like shit and it makes them feel terrible. They need that person and yet they despise them so much. Now that person has become so broken by their loved one that they feel like they're just as terrible and ugly as the one who mistreated them. They believe that person made them dead inside just like them. My heart breaks every time I hear this section

My favourite lyric will be 'Don't waste your time or time will waste you.' from famous 'knights of cydonia' , and it gave me strength every time i want to give up something like running or studying. Live version from HAARP is my top one track in my iPod while I am jogging:)

You've got to be the best

You've got to change the world

And use this chance to be heard

Your time is now

Kind of cheese, but somehow it always gives me motivation.

I have had recurring nightmares

That I was loved for who I am

And missed the opportunity

To be a better man

One of their best lyrics....

Our wrongs

Remain unrectified

And our souls

Won't be exhumed

Okay I totally suck in describing what those songs do to me but somehow those ones always give me a certain feeling...

"Faith,

It drives me away.

But it turns me on

Like a stranger's love

It rockets through the universe

It fuels the lies and feeds the curse

Believes we could be glorious."

Maybe it's just the spectacular way in the chorus is delivered but I love the lyrics. Makes it seem like the protagonist knows he's being naive in whatever he believes in but believes there could be a pay off that would be "glorious"

I have had recurring nightmares

That I was loved for who I am

And missed the opportunity

To be a better man

Edit: oh, erm, 'why'. The contradiction in the lyrics is great, it comes across as personal, and it's very delicately delivered for a Muse song. Hoodoo is so underrated.

Edited by New Born Lee

So I was wondering what are everyone's favorite quotes that Muse have written? Not your favorite set of lyrics, but a line or lines from any of their songs that are very meaningful to you. Post down below your favorite quotes and explain why you like them!

It always changes for me, but as of now, the most meaningful quote to me is from Dead Inside:

"Don't leave me out in the cold, don't leave me out to die! I gave you everything - I can't give you anymore! Now I've become just like you!"

I think many people can relate to the meaning of those lyrics as much as I do. They remind me of my last relationship, which was a very unhealthy one. In my interpretation of those lyrics, I imagine someone needing their partner to be there for them but is always getting hurt by their partner. Their partner treats them like shit and it makes them feel terrible. They need that person and yet they despise them so much. Now that person has become so broken by their loved one that they feel like they're just as terrible and ugly as the one who mistreated them. They believe that person made them dead inside just like them. My heart breaks every time I hear this section

My favourite lyric will be 'Don't waste your time or time will waste you.' from famous 'knights of cydonia' , and it gave me strength every time i want to give up something like running or studying. Live version from HAARP is my top one track in my iPod while I am jogging:)

Dead Inside relates to me more with it's lyrics, like Time is Running Out does, but I think my 'most meaningful' line choice goes to that line from Knights of Cydonia, which is why it's in my signature. Many quotes say that we shouldn't spend our time doing nothing because we'll die one day, but poetry of "Don't waste your time or time will waste you" is great. It has the same affect as quotes such as 'carpe diem' have on me.

• 2 years later...

Probably these two for me since I've had them tattooed haha. I have the quote from SFA over top the Absolution artwork and then the B&H one on top of the artwork for that single and they're colliding. Concept was losing hope and finding it and the struggle between the two.

20161019_200253-1612x1209.thumb.jpg.ef1d265641d9c36e33f72f6643317925.jpg

20161122_205618-1209x1612.thumb.jpg.d11ca9877bc5841be58c6a595a9963d8.jpg

20161122_205525-1209x1612.thumb.jpg.4509d40851dcc0c2e0bec69e95221d33.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...