I have a new wish list for producers!

Pop single: Jeff Lynne of ELO

Weird fucked up electronics: Arca

Everything else: Josh Homme.

Hmmm Jeff Lynne and Muse would either create absolute brilliance or the longest synth prog solo that has ever been seen. It is something that I would like to see because in my opinion Matt has definitely been influenced by ELO (although I have never heard it cited or discussed) but I'm sure someone must have mentioned it as there is evidence of ELO influence in countless muse tracks especially post BH&R.

Hmmm Jeff Lynne and Muse would either create absolute brilliance or the longest synth prog solo that has ever been seen. It is something that I would like to see because in my opinion Matt has definitely been influenced by ELO (although I have never heard it cited or discussed) but I'm sure someone must have mentioned it as there is evidence of ELO influence in countless muse tracks especially post BH&R.

I agree. Muse's pop over-the-topness works better when they emulate ELO rather than Queen.

Rolling Stone declared U2's last album the best of 2014, so I'm not surprised.

Rolling Stone were always a bunch of hypocrites and wankers and they can go and fuck themselves.

I don't care their list of albums, even if Muse were the #1 i'd still say they are a worthless pamphlet. They are a disgrace to music journalism, like NME.

Rolling Stone declared U2's last album the best of 2014, so I'm not surprised.

Rolling Stone were always a bunch of hypocrites and wankers and they can go and fuck themselves.

I don't care their list of albums, even if Muse were the #1 i'd still say they are a worthless pamphlet. They are a disgrace to music journalism, like NME.

Rolling Stone ceased being a credible music journalism outlet awhile ago. Wasn't expecting this reaction though :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I think, many months later, Drones turned out to be a classic, and all around great, Muse album. Most bands would give away a lung to be able to come up with and put out a record of this quality. Sure there are some obvious missteps that keep it safely below OoS level awesomeness, but it's really just a great record with enough of a concept to entertain without totally confuzzling and a bunch of diverse and well-made rock songs to boot. There's not a track on here I can't thoroughly enjoy, the production is top-notch (except for Mercy, why?), and the highs stand up there with some of Muse's all time best, while the lows don't kill the album like on T2L. I think it should've been a bigger, longer-lasting hit here in the states, especially Dead Inside and Mercy (and Revolt, but that was just a dream of mine), but alas, for some reason or another most of the public didn't take to it near as readily as Madness or Uprising, and my alternative station pretty much stopped playing it. Oh well, at least that means radio overplay will never wear out the great pop songs on here for me.

Go DRONES!

Hello everyone. Ok it started with new video coming after new video ( from the sadness of dead inside to the powerful riffs of reapers handler and psycho - which eventual ly saw the light of day). The the album came and I love it! Now I wait for my second gig.

I hope I'd be able to listen to revolt this time

(Aftermath would be my dream. Since this may be one of the never played live songs).