It's probably because it's a concept album. Changing key signatures too much will ruin the flow a little bit. Keeping the keys closely related gives it a bit more consistency.

Ah, must be that. T2L were like a collection of songs, more than an album. Drones present unity from start to finish (Maybe Dead Inside is a bit out of place).

I don't think Matt pulled of anything with The Globalist, he just wrote 3 completely unrelated songs, put them together without caring about the flow, and called it the sequel to CE and a prog nightmare :LOL:

Yeah, I got rid of the first part and last part and combined the 'metal' bit with Psycho pretty well :)

I don't think Matt pulled of anything with The Globalist, he just wrote 3 completely unrelated songs, put them together without caring about the flow, and called it the sequel to CE and a prog nightmare :LOL:

Well, CE was two different songs wacked together, so three would be progress... right?

Off to watch The Handler video.

Don't listen to the YouTube rips. Some of them have been slowed down/sped up

I would wait though. I wish I had!

They're doing that to try and avoid YouTube's automated song matching system that instantly hits uploaded songs with copyright infringement notices. Sadly it does mean that the stuff you find on YT is not really what you're getting.

Ah, must be that. T2L were like a collection of songs, more than an album. Drones present unity from start to finish (Maybe Dead Inside is a bit out of place).

Dead Inside being out of the place is what generates the concept of the album, for me

It's because your ears aren't trained, you don't know the keys... The 3 parts are completely related musically-wise. Change of instruments and lack of transition don't mean "different songs". As for CE, grab a guitar someday, try to play CE riff and TG riff. You will understand...

Dead Inside being out of the place is what generates the concept of the album, for me

Right, is the start of the mindfucking. And if they had to create a radio friendly single is a nice way to do it.

It's because your ears aren't trained, you don't know the keys... The 3 parts are completely related musically-wise. Change of instruments and lack of transition don't mean "different songs". As for CE, grab a guitar someday, try to play CE riff and TG riff. You will understand...

Yeah, right... I actually don't know if this post is sarcasm or not :LOL:

Right, is the start of the mindfucking. And if they had to create a radio friendly single is a nice way to do it.

You're probably right but radio friendly doesn't mean bad... I, personnally, love dead inside

The whole levers game and standby for more music and "special missions"....

thoughts on what's coming yet through that? Or totally abandoned?

Didn't it leak because it was shipped to people? Kind of silly to plan a release game at the same time.

Or did some music store mess up with these early shipments?

Love the knee-jerk - "kickly release the handler video!" in response to the leak...

Is a bit sad if you think about it, a lot of people will be jerks and they won't buy the album after downloading it. I a price to pay for the internet, i guess.

on first listen: better than 2nd Law, but still pretty average and forgettable by previous Muse standards. The songs they've released up till now are some of the better on the album and the first half feels completely separate from the first.

will give it a few more listens, but it feels like they've kinda lost their way.