If anyone wants something more potent than Drones to scratch a heavy sci-fi rock itch, I recommend No Spill Blood.

Took your advice and gave the new album a listen. Really great! :D

As for Producers, Trent Reznor producing would be incredible.

Sounds good in theory but would end up like the 2nd Law I think.

Well that had a lot of guitar songs and wasn't really focused. What I wanna hear is something like the album they said they almost made into BH&R. Idk how accurate the source is but initially they said it almost came out like The Dark Side of the Moon with a lot of piano. I want to hear that

Well that had a lot of guitar songs and wasn't really focused. What I wanna hear is something like the album they said they almost made into BH&R. Idk how accurate the source is but initially they said it almost came out like The Dark Side of the Moon with a lot of piano. I want to hear that

Yeah that would be cool, they just seem incapable of making a piano song that doesn't sound like United States of Eurasia now. Although Exogenesis was good.

To be honest as long as their main influences remain Queen and U2, which they've been for a while now, I'm not sure I'll be able to properly love one of their albums again. Having said that I still end up liking everything they do :LOL:

To be fair, Muse emulating/ripping off NIN would probably be more entertaining than the last 3 albums imo :chuckle:

Actually, thinking about it, I'd be really up for some stuff like that.

I imagine if Trent Reznor produced the next Muse record (or song, or whatever they end up doing), it would sound more like With Teeth than The Downward Spiral or The Fragile or even Year Zero. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

I just can't imagine Trent or Muse investing the time in the studio to get the sonic depths that Trent achieved with The Downward Spiral and The Fragile at this stage in their careers.

Isolates System was decent but overall wasted potential imo. Would've been better if it wasn't hindered by T2L's pretentious half-baked concept-y bollocks.

There's been a couple of decent/good piano songs over the last few years (Redemption, IBTY, IS) but my problem is that almost all of them have been similar sounding, slow ballads so, by the time the end of The Globalist rolls around, it's just straight-up boring. Not to spout the boring old 'old muse r bettr' but I do miss the more inspired, heavier piano stuff like AP, B&H, Space Dementia, RBS, Sunburn, Con-Science and Megalomania.

Edited by Jobby

Drones is really where the piano stopped bringing anything new to the table. T2L did have Isolated System, but The Globalist was nothing we hadn't already seen in Soaked, Explorers, USoE and whatever other song it was compared to.

Drones is really where the piano stopped bringing anything new to the table. T2L did have Isolated System, but The Globalist was nothing we hadn't already seen in Soaked, Explorers, USoE and whatever other song it was compared to.

Agreed, and that intense looking photo of Matt on piano posted on Instagram really built up the idea of a heavy piano song for nothing

Ballou's an interesting choice, I just wonder if the sounds he tends to get from bands aren't a little too, ahem, raw for Muse. Whereas Townsend has a proven ability to do massive, poppy-but-heavy production.

Yeah, you're right. Can't see Muse sounding like Code Orange :LOL: But I guess it would be interesting. Will never ever happen anyway.