I actually think that Defector is the weekest end of the album :LOL: I don't know what happened, I just can't get into that song

I have to say, when I first heard it was like 'What the hell is this??'. :LOL: Once I got used to the unusual chord changes and style it really grew on me.

not entirely sure how this has happened. Quickest turnaround ever

I thought there might be a few turnarounds, it's that kind of album! It's NOT instant...that's a good thing! Variety is difficult to appreciate when your ears go in expected something different!

Edited by colonizedmind

yes. So strange, really thought I would love it from the start, especially given everyone's reactions to it. Think I just need a bit more time

Exactly, everyone is loving it and I just remember that "From society" thing that makes me throw up, idk :LOL: I'll leave it there alone...in a few weeks I'll try it again

Aftermath is rather good but that chorus man... :vomit: The ending I'm not sold either

Defector would be up there with Reapers and The Handler weren't it for the stupid excuse the lyrics are...

I still haven't listened to Revolt in full.

The Globalist needs a shorter ending and preferrably longer midsection and it'd be the best song on the album. It's great.

Drones... well... nothing saves that one. It's just well...

Starting to really enjoy Aftermath. The only one I can't really get in to is Revolt, but it's not unlistenable I don't think

Revolt's main problem is the pre-chorus. Imagine the last minute without the pre-chorus...would be an awesome song. That just makes it mediocre

Have you seen this?

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/85905

Muse say they want to turn new album 'Drones' into a musical

The album is quite suitable for a musical i'd say.

NO surprise there at all even before we heard it...Matt and Dom in a recent interview were talking about taking a totally different approach to live shows and doing some theatre theatrical shows in the future....Does anyone remember that interview?

Day 2: Denial.....

(this could be the basis more Muse's next concept album....)

I seriously hope the next one won't be a conceptual one...It turned ok this time, but it showed us how Matt can quickly lose himself in the concept, both on lyrics and music itself.

NO surprise there at all even before we heard it...Matt and Dom in a recent interview were talking about taking a totally different approach to live shows and doing some theatre theatrical shows in the future....Does anyone remember that interview?

I remember saying when I first heard Revolt it sounds like something out of a musical, so I really wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

Think it would be pretty crap tbh

It wasn't a concept album, quite clearly Mercy, Dead Inside and Aftermath have nothing to do with the concept of Drones and references were shoehorned in. Them along with Revolt are relics of the T2L era...

I don't think you understand the concept. Which is weird since it's been explained in detail.

It wasn't a concept album, quite clearly Mercy, Dead Inside and Aftermath have nothing to do with the concept of Drones and references were shoehorned in. Them along with Revolt are relics of the T2L era...

Not just that. Lyrics on 70% of the songs are beyond awful, clearly forced into the music

I don't think you understand the concept. Which is weird since it's been explained in detail.

A journey of entering the system, defecting from the system and creating a system. I get it fine enough. Aftermath as a love song does not fit into this story line whatsoever.