A journey of entering the system, defecting from the system and creating a system. I get it fine enough. Aftermath as a love song does not fit into this story line whatsoever.

It does, the guy escapes and rediscovers love/friendship/whatever the fuck the lyrics are ;) I'll admit, I haven't yet read the lyrics

A journey of entering the system, defecting from the system and creating a system. I get it fine enough. Aftermath as a love song does not fit into this story line whatsoever.
What happened to Dead Inside and Mercy which you also mentioned? And how does a love song not fit in? It's from the perspective of one protagonist. It's like saying 1984 isn't a dystopian story because it has a love plot.

It does, the guy escapes and rediscovers love/friendship/whatever the fuck the lyrics are ;) I'll admit, I haven't yet read the lyrics

Loves who though? If everyone else is still in the system and he then goes and destroys the world, it doesn't make sense. Is he trying to lull people into a false sense of security. I reckon listening to Aftermath is what makes everyone in the world kill themselves but that's just a theory....

Loves who though? If everyone else is still in the system and he then goes and destroys the world, it doesn't make sense. Is he trying to lull people into a false sense of security. I reckon listening to Aftermath is what makes everyone in the world kill themselves but that's just a theory....

no no no, Globalist isn't part of the narration, it's a separate song along with Drones. The end of the narrative is he finds love (iirc)

He got sucked in the drones system, doesn't mean everyone is in the system. And I don't think it's so precise, it's just that he lost the capabity and the concept of love, which he rediscovers in aftermath

I don't think you understand the concept. Which is weird since it's been explained in detail.

oh my, I'm in agreement with Tjet. Call the newspapers.

Yeah, The Globalist is about a dictator isn't it?

Learn to multiquote, please.

What happened to Dead Inside and Mercy which you also mentioned? And how does a love song not fit in?

Because they're obviously personal songs for Matt and link back to the decay of his relationship with Kate Hudson. The drones reference is just inserted into the lyrics to attempt to create a false sense of continuity.

Why not call the album 'friendzoned', it would make so much more sense...

Ok that's hilarious

He got sucked in the drones system, doesn't mean everyone is in the system. And I don't think it's so precise, it's just that he lost the capabity and the concept of love, which he rediscovers in aftermath

This

Who says everyone is in the system?

no no no, Globalist isn't part of the narration, it's a separate song along with Drones. The end of the narrative is he finds love (iirc)

Oh great now you're choosing which songs do and do not fit into the Drones storyline when it's convenient. Either it's all Drones, or no Drones. I forbid stepping in the middle ground...

Oh great now you're choosing which songs do and do not fit into the Drones storyline when it's convenient. Either it's all Drones, or no Drones. I forbid stepping in the middle ground...

Matt himself said it wasn't part of the narrative.

It has been presented as such since the first snippets of information we got. No one cares what you forbid or not.