Easily fixed with even a simple program like iTunes to sew it up so it goes straight in without any fade.

I don't have crossfade on though...

It's the actual track, it's not my fault.

The main problem I have with it is that it fades out when the guy says "Aye Sir" so it sounds bad :LOL:

I don't have crossfade on though...

It's the actual track not my fault.

Yeah.

I'd be surprised if the album version doesn't transition into Psycho, not sure it's this way as the leak hasn't been properly edited by the uploader and they just did individual track by track.

Yeah.

I'd be surprised if the album version doesn't transition into Psycho, not sure it's this way as the leak hasn't been properly edited by the uploader and they just did individual track by track.

It must be the track though because I doubt the uploader would have touched it TBH. It's only a problem on that song too.

Handler > JFK > Defector is absolutely fine!

After listening to the album straight through a couple more times, Drones is shaping up to fall into my number 3 spot behind Absolution an Origin of Symmetry. The only song I ever really feel like skipping is Psycho. That could be for a number of reasons, and I am sure it's partly because it is the one that has been out the longest.

Didn't they only leak the tracks from JFK onwards from the leak? When the rest was put together these were just made up of the individual releases we already had which wouldn't necessarily link together when listened back to back. So maybe it will link better on actual release.

After listening to the album straight through a couple more times, Drones is shaping up to fall into my number 3 spot behind Absolution an Origin of Symmetry. The only song I ever really feel like skipping is Psycho. That could be for a number of reasons, and I am sure it's partly because it is the one that has been out the longest.

I can see Drones making huge advances in the next few weeks for a lot of people, including me. I just need to get past Defector and Revolt and this album will probably end up in my top 4, if not 3, Muse albums

Does anyone else think that the song Drones is such an odd way to end the album? I get what they were going for, and it is quite popular to finish an album with an instrumental/low key type track, but the execution of it is so weird. Like usually acapella songs are quite subtle whereas drones all the vocal layers are really loud making the song really in your face/jarring. Its just not an enjoyable end to the album for me.

Didn't they only leak the tracks from JFK onwards from the leak? When the rest was put together these were just made up of the individual releases we already had which wouldn't necessarily link together when listened back to back. So maybe it will link better on actual release.

No that probably wouldn't be it because the full thing went up later and I got that.

I'm going to take [Drill Sgt] from YT and use my iTunes versions for the first 6 tracks TBH

Have you seen this?

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/85905

Muse say they want to turn new album 'Drones' into a musical

The album is quite suitable for a musical i'd say.

yeah I saw that. I'm mixed about this. If done poorly, it would be fucking horrible and would ruin all the great songs. If done well... then it could be pretty decent. Because it's Muse, however, I'm expecting a cringe fest if it ever did happen. They're just not dark enough as people to pull off something convincing imo

What are you talking about? :LOL:

Were discussing the transition between DS > Psycho

Oh right sorry, I misread :LOL:

As for a musical drones. It's not going to happen. It's just them saying 'oh we'd quite like to' which basically translates as 'never ever going to happen.'

What an extremely boring concept for a musical though. I mean it kinda works for a concept album because let's face it, we don't exactly judge the story, we just judge how it's told. But just creating a musical about a guy who joins the military after a bad breakup and then end up revolting against his oppressors. jfc what a straightforward and dull story.

Have you seen this?

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/85905

Muse say they want to turn new album 'Drones' into a musical

The album is quite suitable for a musical i'd say.

I recently watched the American Idiot musical was pleasantly surprised... I think Muse could do it and actually have something quite spectacular! Dystopian Sci-fi backdrop with a love story as the main focus.

They could use music from previous albums too.

Listening to the second half of the album for the first time now (finally lol) and I'm not seeing where all the hate came from? Sure it's different to what they usually do, but defector is awesome, revolt isn't half as bad as what you guys said it was (genuinely alright imo, I was expecting much worse) and aftermath is beautiful (although I can see the Christmas song references). Got the globalist to go now!