What an extremely boring concept for a musical though. I mean it kinda works for a concept album because let's face it, we don't exactly judge the story, we just judge how it's told. But just creating a musical about a guy who joins the military after a bad breakup and then end up revolting against his oppressors. jfc what a straightforward and dull story.

Yeah agreed. And imagine the cheese :vomit:

Listening to the second half of the album for the first time now (finally lol) and I'm not seeing where all the hate came from? Sure it's different to what they usually do, but defector is awesome, revolt isn't half as bad as what you guys said it was (genuinely alright imo, I was expecting much worse) and aftermath is beautiful (although I can see the Christmas song references). Got the globalist to go now!

Revolt's grown on me a lot. It's now 6/10 instead of 2/10 after about 5 listens so it's not bad. Globalist is fucking awesome, just don't expect CE2 and you'll be fine. Aftermath is also a beast

For a visual representation of what I'm talking about here's a screen of both DS and Psycho side by side in Audacity.

DS on the left you can see it fades out to almost nothing and then Psycho has no fade at all (also has a tiny gap).

Just corrected it though by taking the DS part from he YT video and cutting 7ish seconds off the beginning of Psycho.

clHkHCu.png

A lot of the hate and disappointment about this album is all of Muse's making (and I don't mean just in terms of the songs themselves). I can't help feel that if they'd gone about the press and preview stuff differently (e.g. put Revolt as first single, leave Dead Inside and The Handler unreleased, refer to The Globalist as a prog nightmare but NOT as CE Part 2) then a lot of fans right now would be pleasantly surprised, and everything would be a lot more positive.

A lot of the hate and disappointment about this album is all of Muse's making (and I don't mean just in terms of the songs themselves). I can't help feel that if they'd gone about the press and preview stuff differently (e.g. put Revolt as first single, leave Dead Inside and The Handler unreleased, refer to The Globalist as a prog nightmare but NOT as CE Part 2) then a lot of fans right now would be pleasantly surprised, and everything would be a lot more positive.

Agreed. They were definitely a little misleading :(

I like the album though, not my favourite but I dint dislike it...

What an extremely boring concept for a musical though. I mean it kinda works for a concept album because let's face it, we don't exactly judge the story, we just judge how it's told. But just creating a musical about a guy who joins the military after a bad breakup and then end up revolting against his oppressors. jfc what a straightforward and dull story.

Completely agree, it would be dull.

As much as I like The Globalist it was never going to live up to expectation was it :LOL:

actually it kind of has for me. From the first listen I was like "ok, it's not bad" but on the 2nd it really became clear. I think it has lived up to my expectations of what it was going to sound like based on early reviews (once I knew it was whistling build up, orchestra, heavy bit, piano) so once I'd gotten over the whole "what, it isn't CE2??" I think it's lived up to my renewed expectation. One of the best tracks on the album

As much as I like The Globalist it was never going to live up to expectation was it :LOL:

Probably not. After hearing the making of it sounded like it was going to be a slow build to that riff and have a massive rocking ending. But obviously wasn't the case. Solid track though.

actually it kind of has for me. From the first listen I was like "ok, it's not bad" but on the 2nd it really became clear. I think it has lived up to my expectations of what it was going to sound like based on early reviews (once I knew it was whistling build up, orchestra, heavy bit, piano) so once I'd gotten over the whole "what, it isn't CE2??" I think it's lived up to my renewed expectation. One of the best tracks on the album

For sure one of the best tracks, I love it, but it's not how I imagined it for sure!

Think the lesson there is to not base your expectations of a song on short out-of-order/out-of-context clips.

I doubt anyone truly based their entire opinion on that clip, but yeah I get your point

For sure one of the best tracks, I love it, but it's not how I imagined it for sure!

It certainly isn't a 10 minute prog rock nightmare :LOL: but it's great nonetheless