It doesn't really fit. It reminds of that bit in interstallar where the female scientist says something like "Love is the one thing we’re capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space." It just sounds so out of place.

To be fair the end of that film was strange. Could have shaved the last 20 mins off and would've made a better film imo. No need to go all weird Matrix on our asses

It doesn't really fit. It reminds me of that bit in interstellar where the female scientist says something like "Love is the one thing we’re capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space." It just sounds so out of place.

If love was the key, it would have set him free. The system didn't make the protagonist stop loving anymore, his love stops because he gets rejected and then he joins the system for some vague reason. Love doesn't really gets mentioned until 'aftermath' which seems a bit tacked on if you ask me. For me this so called love story doesn't really fit in with the narrative.

If you look at 1984, love flourishes in spite of the system but is then used to crush the protagonist. That makes sense in terms of the over arching theme of the book.

I agree about Interstellar, total nonsense.

Dead Inside isn't about rejection though. It's about a bad relationship that he gets out of, and as a result joins the military because he's a dude with all the feels and feels he has nothing to live for. Then he starts rejecting the whole brainwashing thing and revolts, and eventually ends up falling in love again, showing that he's no longer "dead inside" or whatever, the guy whines a lot. Basically a cliché lovestory.

To be fair the end of that film was strange. Could have shaved the last 20 mins off and would've made a better film imo. No need to go all weird Matrix on our asses

Is because is a genre change. That movie is sci-fi, (and a very accurate one) but the end is fantasy. In the original ending the guy enter in the black hole and die, and that's about it.

Is because is a genre change. That movie is sci-fi, (and a very accurate one) but the end is fantasy. In the original ending the guy enter in the black hole and die, and that's about it.

yes it is, I agree that the sci-fi was fantastic, and that original ending sounds about right :LOL: the whole fantasy bit was so bullshitty it was unreal

Nah, Interstellar was fine. And that love line would have been cringey if Cooper hadn't essentially gone "Nah, that's fucking bullshit" and ignored her straight afterwards :LOL:

hahaha yeah true. Whhops, sorry L, not sure how that happened tbh. But yeah Drones' narration is ok, just think the whole revolt and defect section weren't effectively created musically

:( Now that you guys have sat with the album for a little while, how would you rank it among the other albums? I ask because I've decided to wait for it to come to my house.
We haven't even had it for 24 hours. I'd wait at least 3-4 months before asking that question :LOL:

:( Now that you guys have sat with the album for a little while, how would you rank it among the other albums? I ask because I've decided to wait for it to come to my house.

For me Abso > BH&R > OOS > Drones (but only by a little) > the irrelevant rest

EDIT: but yeah, see the comment above

True. :) Wasn't BHAR hated when it first came out?
I'd say every album has gotten a fair share of fan hate (Aside from Showbiz obviously). BHAR obviously got a lot of hate because SMBH was the first single, which didn't really sit well with a lot of people who got into Muse for the first three albums. And then it turned out they ruined Assassin and Exo-Politics, and then there was Starlight etc.

I'd say every album has gotten a fair share of fan hate (Aside from Showbiz obviously).

Nah, Showbiz was heavily critizised by the three fans the band had. They said thing like Muse sold themselves and the songs weren't as raw as they were live.

I'd say every album has gotten a fair share of fan hate (Aside from Showbiz obviously). BHAR obviously got a lot of hate because SMBH was the first single, which didn't really sit well with a lot of people who got into Muse for the first three albums. And then it turned out they ruined Assassin and Exo-Politics, and then there was Starlight etc.

Even TIRO got a dodgy reception on here, being the first single from Absolution.

A lot of us thought it sounded like RnB, the verses anyway

Even TIRO got a dodgy reception on here, being the first single from Absolution.

A lot of us thought it sounded like RnB, the verses anyway

Yep. As I said, every album since OoS has gotten hate.

So now Defector has grown on me and I've listened to the album in full a couple more times I'm ranking this my 4th favourite album above The Resistance. I love the way it all flows after Tha Handler. Muse have still got it and have shown they can create a diverse album which actually works.

Highs: Reapers, The Handler, Aftermath, Dead Inside

Lows: Mercy, Revolt, Drones (though these are all listenable)

go to any page. you'll see lots of >s and >>>s all over the place!