for the person looking for an all purpose ride, check out medium's, k custom is a goodun, and as far as versatility is concerned, check out the k heavy rides, mines the 21" and i've never played something that it cant handle, i play everything from swing jazz to muse rock stuff. highly recommended.

although it's a k it's easily heard above my other cymbals (as and a customs) because its a heavy weight, its got a clear ping and a warm spread.

cheers for all the help guys, im trying out this sweet ride on satuday (becuase i have a gig next week and i need some kind of cymbal to play...not that the shop now that :p )

im gonna try and see if i can try out the paiste 2002 ride they have, whjich will invlove me paying some more money and i will see of they can get in a k, or a k custom ride or some description.

and yeah those little aplha splashes are brilliant, im gonna try and get one when i get my checks cashed

oh yeah, just looking through shots of the new stockholm vid and saw this:

domvistalites.bmp

looks like he was using a mix of red and orange vistalites for the new vid, only props i would have guessed but at least its actually related to doms drums, not like most of the stuff in this thread... :)

Yes, I'm getting a crack cut out of my crash cymbal.

:'(

My 18" Paiste 2002 crash. Basically I take it down to Billy Hydes (about an hour away by train, or 20 minutes away if I drive there after work and don't get lost in Sydney on the way) and what they'll do is they'll actually cut a small section of the cymbal out, going in by about an inch to attempt to get past where the cymbal has cracked internally.

So this should give my cymbal a bit more life, and make it usable until I can replace it. It'll be nice to have three crashes ;).

domvistalites.bmp

They're damn ugly!

what they'll do is they'll actually cut a small section of the cymbal out, going in by about an inch to attempt to get past where the cymbal has cracked internally.

That's a bad idea. You're supposed to drill a hole at the furthest point the crack has gone, that should stop it from going further. Cutting out a bit will probably result in the cymbal going kablammo even faster, I've seen a drummer play live with a cymbal that had a bit cut out from the edge, and by the end of the gig the cymbal had become unusable.

Nope, drilling does nothing. I've tried.

My old drum teacher had a China which cracked and he had the cracks cut out with that same method and it does work. I was skeptical myself, but it's going to be done at Billy Hydes in Sydney - the guys who work there are ALL working drummers, professionals and ALL really experienced.

Nope, drilling does nothing. I've tried.

My old drum teacher had a China which cracked and he had the cracks cut out with that same method and it does work. I was skeptical myself, but it's going to be done at Billy Hydes in Sydney - the guys who work there are ALL working drummers, professionals and ALL really experienced.

Maybe they're using a different method than the drummer at the gig, his cymbal was garbage after a few songs. :stunned:

went to music shop this morning to pick up my swet ride, and whilst i was there got g1, and g2 combo pu on my 12 and 16 toms and i got some cases for all my drums, all for the rather whimsical price of £100 so im rather pleased. also included free seating and tuning from the bloke there. so im rather pleased with that really!

• 2 weeks later...
free tuning! get in

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yeah!

i would have done it myself, just i took em straight up to school for a rehersal where they were all of last week so i didnt have really have time.

as for the dies cast hoops...no. what are the differences?

Z custom cymbals are good for what they are ment for.. loud rock.. play jazz with them and it just wont work, Live at the mo im using 17 and 18 Z customs which are then eq'd down my reason for this is live on stage with my in ear in i just couldnt here my A custs where as the z custs come through,

The Z cust 22" ride is very nice i used it for the first leg of a tour till i picked up a 22" A earth ride, whic k love even more

as dor Die Cast hoops they are easyer to tune as they are more uniform than flanged hoop but they will also show up erreors in your tuning more,

Also they cut down on the amont that a drum rings especialy on 10" and 8" plues they detune quicker hence i had my kit shipped with pearl super hoop2's

• 8 months later...
na wudnt ov thought so, he only uses it in tiro, citizen erased, s4a n B+H

The Oriental COD is used only in TIRO, he only added it for Absolution.

Everywhere I've looked says that Doms kick is only 16" deep but it looks a regular 18" to me, source?

I need this cleared up!

Does he use:

an 18" Oriental TRASH China

OR

an 18" Oriental CLASSIC China

....preferably with picture evidence....:p

Hate to double post but there's no edit button...

It's the trash, the classic china doesn't come in brilliant finish.

Hate to double post but there's no edit button...

It's the trash, the classic china doesn't come in brilliant finish.

Cool! I now have the 18" Oriental China Trash cymbal - got it before Crimbo! Tis the shiz!!! :D