For this very reason, I demand Tama to send me a chrome kit with black hardware... *dribbles uncontrollably*

:LOL:

I really want one. Not only do they look amazing, but they sound amazing! :D

Cost a bloody fortune tho :rolleyes:

:LOL:

I really want one. Not only do they look amazing, but they sound amazing! :D

Cost a bloody fortune tho :rolleyes:

If my former bandmates and I manage to get a band room again, I'll probably get myself this one:

31335.jpg

For all of you who are about to scream DOM WANNABE, I'm not getting his cymbals :p

If my former bandmates and I manage to get a band room again, I'll probably get myself this one:

31335.jpg

For all of you who are about to scream DOM WANNABE, I'm not getting his cymbals :p

hahahah

*jealous*

i have most of his cymbals and now i want the drums. and before any of you shout 'dom wannabe'......yeah. so. they sound and look good.

;):D

(tho i have my drums 2 up 1 down as opposed to 1 up 2 down.....so technically im not a 'wannabe' - more a equipment connoisseur! ;))

hehe, do what i did 5 years ago, give up an expensive habit (mine was smoking) and put all the money you invested in that, to buying a new kit. i took out a loan and bought a brand new starclassic (birch), complete with iron cobra hats, and sabian cymbals. i then contunued doing this and now have quality tama throne, iron cobra twin pedal, zildjian etc. i knew i started smoking for a reason!

iron cobra bass drum pedal (single)

iron cobra hi-hat stand

tama first drum throne

zildjian A custom 18+19" Crashes

zildjian 18" oriental trash china

and an 18" floor fan

thats the extent of my 'dom-ness' lol

i also have 14" hats/ 20" ride (Zildjian ZBT) / and a 10" Paiste 101 splash.

4c6865a6.jpg

(dunno why the pic cuts at the bottom :confused: - but you get the picture. My ride is situtaed between my china and my 19" crash - but you cant see that!)

that kits stagestar though isn't it? :/

It's a Swingstar. Doesn't sound bad though, the one I've had so far is a Swingstar too. It just wouldn't be worth it spending a huge amount of money on a proper kit. I just want to play for fun, and I'm happy enough with that thing :)

@rage: too bad I don't have any expensive habits at all :'( ;)

31335.jpg

I'm more inclined to scream "GET A GRETCH CATALINA MAPLE instead of those swingstars". They cost about the same (from MassMusic), the Catalina is a 6 piece set and the shells are fantastic quality (6 ply Taye Maple) as opposed to the soft philippine mahogany shells on the swingstars.

I'll probably get in trouble if I link my site, but this is how you choose cymbal:

Step 1: Enter music/drumming store

Step 2: Ask for drumstick to test cymbals with

Step 3: Hit every cymbal you find without looking at the label

Step 4: Listen for the ones you like the sound of

Step 5: Buy the cymbals you like the sound of

Step 6: Look at label to see what you ended up with.

You got everything right except for step 2: you bring your own, especially if you're testing rides.

his contract with Tama has been terminated

No it hasn't. I suspected so after SS but look at the lugs, those are Tamas (Tama make an acrylic line called Starclassic Mirage). Sigh, I'll have to go update Muse Wiki. EDIT: Done. That clip was obviously made during a lapse in the contract, when he, evidently grew to like the flavour of acrylic drums, and then went back to Tama when they released Mirage.

Look at that pic of the Mirages, he's got an A Custom crash on his right and a K on his left. That's new.

It would be nice to hear only a drum kit like that, without any other instruments. And then a regular kit for comparison.

Acrylic shells are bright, crisp, open, not very warm and loud as hell. They have many of the tonal qualities of birch kits (which Dom has used in the past int he Starclassic Performer). I wonder how they'd sound as Starclassics (with die-cast hoops)?

and I was quite suprised with how they sounded! They sounded alright....I thought the bass sounded loose - but it went really well with SBH and all the others.....

Drums don't sound even slightly true to reality in recordings. They are tweaked and EQd and compressed and reverbed beyond recognition. He used a wooden bass drum for recording: http://muse.mu/img/bg_en/muse_ab4.jpg

dunno why the pic cuts at the bottom

The image was cut off while it was uploading.

dunno why the pic cuts at the bottom

The image was cut off while it was uploading.

Thought so - but i remember them loading correctly ages ago....hmmm.....im not fussed either way! lol

....and thankyou for the useful info! :) Do you have a link to the pic of the 'K+A cymbals'?

Hmm, I bet he's playing Hysteria here:

Radio1-dom3.jpg

:D I suppose the other one could be a brilliant finish Avedis but I doubt it, he's never used them before. He's used Ks before, just never in conjunction with ACs:

KL8.jpg