Guest bshuker

can anyone reccomend a website which is like a drums for dummies guide, you know something which has all the different drums and cymbals (including all the fancy ones like splash and stuff) that i can find out about all the different parts, as im a complete drum fool and would like to know more

Guest bshuker

cheers, thats a great help thanks!! :)

Ermm, screw the chrome job tbh....

Dundee Radio 1

Radio1-dom3.jpg

chrome > acrylic :(

...and look at the size of that bass drum.....or is it just the angle?

chrome > acrylic :(

I agree, it looks nice enough though. I think the white hardware suits it well.

...and look at the size of that bass drum.....or is it just the angle?

What's wrong with it? :confused:

I agree, it looks nice enough though. I think the white hardware suits it well.

What's wrong with it? :confused:

It looks huge! I thought he used a 20" (It may be an illusion though!) :confused:

It looks huge! I thought he used a 20" (It may be an illusion though!) :confused:

That would be a bit tiny though :eek:

To me, In a way it looks nice and smart but in another way... A bit tacky. But hey, it was their forst festival gig in the UK, Dom probably just wanted to look different :confused: Or torment us!

i am pretty sure dom must have terminated his contract with tama in order to buy those clears. They were only released this year and namm and theyre not on sale to the general public yet. Tama don't allow endorcees to use stuff that can'tbe purcased by the general public. Portnoy was stopped from using them a little while back so i doubt tama would let dom use them, or the white hardware that can't be purchased.

what? Ludwick have been making Acrylic Kits since the seventies al a John Bonham. Besides, looking at them I'd say they are Orange County, everyone knows Dom has gone emo :p

i am pretty sure dom must have terminated his contract with tama in order to buy those clears. They were only released this year and namm and theyre not on sale to the general public yet. Tama don't allow endorcees to use stuff that can'tbe purcased by the general public. Portnoy was stopped from using them a little while back so i doubt tama would let dom use them, or the white hardware that can't be purchased.

Hm, I don't know... maybe they'll be available shortly then. They're clearly Starclassic drums.

his contract with Tama has been terminated

by the looks of it he's switched to Ludwig, stockholm syndrome US vid, the picture on muse.mu and now this, the acrylic set has been in ludwigs generations. started of by John Bonham as someone said earlier, looks pretty smart to me, altho the bass drum does look a tad pap and tacky

his contract with Tama has been terminated

by the looks of it he's switched to Ludwig, stockholm syndrome US vid, the picture on muse.mu and now this, the acrylic set has been in ludwigs generations. started of by John Bonham as someone said earlier, looks pretty smart to me, altho the bass drum does look a tad pap and tacky

The acrylic kit is a Starclassic kit, I'm 100% sure.

you know what, i think your right, his 14" floor tom has the starclassic badge on it, in white, the pasty shape

you know what, i think your right, his 14" floor tom has the starclassic badge on it, in white, the diamondy shape

The die cast hoops and the thingies where the screws go in are Starclassic hoops and thingies too :)

you know what, i think your right, his 14" floor tom has the starclassic badge on it, in white, the pasty shape

no way! thats interesting! :D

I thought so too!

and I was quite suprised with how they sounded! They sounded alright....I thought the bass sounded loose - but it went really well with SBH and all the others.....

and in KOC the toms sounded really nice!

...all from an ACRYLIC set!! :eek:

I thought so too!

and I was quite suprised with how they sounded! They sounded alright....I thought the bass sounded loose - but it went really well with SBH and all the others.....

and in KOC the toms sounded really nice!

...all from an ACRYLIC set!! :eek:

There'd be no point in making them if they sounded crap though.