hey, my drum teacher mentioned something about a new muse play along drum book, he said he's gonna get back to me with prices etc, once i find how much they are, and a website etc i'll post it up here for everyone.

I'll get some more pics of it this weekend for you. im doing some gig's as a warm up for a tour. still undecided what cymbals to take with me :confused:

at the mo my set up is

Paiste Sound Formula

13" med hats

20" power ride

Sabian AAX 10" splash

Zildjian Z custioms 17"&18" med crashes Or A custom 18"&19" projections

18",20" or 22" china

and a old Zildjian cymbal i have no idea what it is other than its 20" its about med to thin in weight and a bit batterd making it sound like a Crash of Doom but darker and more trashy. all i can think of is that its a K of some kind thats been abused.

Anyway

I dont want to take my Paistes on the road and you cant buy them anymore so i need replacements for them and i need another splash thats more high pitched,

Im going to Zildjian on Thursday with my tech and Sound tech to look at cymbals and talk about endorsments.

Whats wrong with pearls L arms? they are the most secure tome arm on the market the Ball mounted arms can move me freely but in turn dont offer the same stability in holding the tom in place, hence alot of people with custom kits including me use Pearl tom arms, My tech uses the lower budget ones on mine when we tour as even if it comes loose during a show the gears hold it in place

Tama does not do custom orders you can phone them and ask i did. they do do a virgin bass on the SCP put it will be about a 6 month wait, so i was told,

the Scast mounts look the same as any other RIM style mount but dont work the same, they attch the the rim not the lug or rention rod and dont grip one firm enough for my liking they wobble lick crazy

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one "pearl guy", i dont dampen mine at all the only thing thats in there is very smallbit of pillow padding that dont touch any of the heads, its just for the shure Beta 91 to sit on,

as for my trip to Zildjian, yes im now a Zildjian Endorser, just need to figer out what cymbals i want now. i have 4 diffrent tours already booked for this year and a recording session all with very diffrent needs, its hard to think what would suit each one. I would like to keep the basic set up the same but just chang crash cymbals for each session but wellhave to see

mmm very nice mr t. how does it work? do you get all gear free, or do you have to pay a little bit, n can you have as many of em as you like or are there fixed quotas?

and has anyone seen the videos for the pearl reference series drums on the pearl website :eek: they seem pretty damned amazing really.

yes i agree the name is naff, but according to pearl they have put more research one htis series of drum than any other drum, ever. they are calling in the most acoustically advanced drum in the world, they decided to stop making drums out of all maple, all birch etc, and to mix and match to suit the size and depth of each drum. the only 100% wood drum is the 12x12 maple drum, the rest are all a mix. go to http://www.pearldrum.com and watch the videos.

awesome.

he does use tama starclassic i'm 100 % sure

My drumming brother posted that while logged in under my name. He was reading the first few pages, had no idea that the thread had gotten this long and replied to someones query. I got stuck into him when I saw it , cos it was like "Thanks, Captain Obvious!"

Endorsments can work in a number of diffrent ways most Companys have many diffrent leves of endorsment A being the top, the B, C, D, E etc..

Not alot of people get free gear. i bet Dom dosnt, only your TOP players get Unlimeted free stuff and the company makes the money back on the amout of idiots that buy stuff just coz their hero has it OCDP only has to artists who get free gear Adrian Young and Travis. not even Joey got free stuff in his years with them ( how many OCDP kits are their in the world that look just like Travis Barkes? )

Any way here is some info on endorsments and how to get one.

Discount. does what it says on the Tin. You get s discount on what ever product it is normaly there are a few diffrent levels like 25% 35% 50% 70%. at the lower end of this the company will not give you any exposure as your not worth it, like my endorsments with Jalapeno and Zildjian

the next level up is getting a free amout of gear up to a set amout each year and then a discount if you go over that here the company will expect you to be in their add's to promot the gear you use, they mite also ask you to do clinics and be at launches of new gear or at NAMM

next is the holy grail of endorsments FREE STUFF!!! only the best of the best get this

Getting an Endorsment

Unless the company aproches you as Zildjian did with me you will need to make the first contact a great idea is to phone them and talk to the AR (artist relations) team and see if its posible for you to get an endorsment of them. Then Send in a press pack,

Mine for Zildjian had

6 of the most reacent albums ive played on and the ones im most proud off also reviews of the CD's and info about them, where recorded who with was i in the band or just session etc.

For my 2 personal bands T-shirts CD's stickers photos of gigs and reviews, Adverts info on the bands. What they really want to know here is. Is their product going to be seen and heard my alot of people and are you a good rep for it.

Then i put in loads of other stuff like a demo of a new band im in. my plans for this comming year. and any other projects ive been in. etc Panto/musical pit work teaching clinics etc

Put all you can get in a nice folder with a friendly letter and send it off to them. and then wait and see.

if you get an endorsment you dont go to shops anymore you get your stuff straight from Zildjian or what ever. aslso if your giging and you cant get your stuff to you call them up and they will provide it for you!

im going to be in studio for 2 days but if anyone want to e-mail me.

TigerADV@hotmail.com and i'll get it on my laptop

I really love them, before i got them i looked at all the top kits from Tama. Pearl, Yamaha, OCDP, Mapex, Sonor DW and many others. but for me Jalapeno came out on top i played one at a gig where my old kit couldnt be taken to it, and the Tour manager hooked me up with one for the show, and i loved it and so did my tech and sound tech, we meed about with it in sound check and i took the heads of and tuned it up to see how easy it was (Very!) the next day i got on phone to Dave at Jalapeno and he was most helpful it talking to me about sizes and colours and all the other options on the kit. off set lugs RIM's he even made the vent in the bottom of the kick bigger so i could pass a cable through for the May mic system i use in there.

the kit was finished in 8 weeks and came to be the day befor its first gig, it looks and sounds awsome! the kick is by far the best part of the kit not needing any dampening to kit it soundidng full and powerfull,

the over all sound of the kit is very punchy and agressive the toms sing for as long as you want and far out shine anything that ive played.

at the mo ive using the kit in rock gigs in small ish venuse (500+ people) and in pop gigs of larger sizes 2000+ its been to every recording session ive done and everyone coments on how great they sound,

another thing is, its nice to be able to phone up the guy who made my drums by hand (even the shells unlike OCDP and others ) at any point and talk to him about them during the build. o and all of your drums will be made from the same tree so they match sonicaly

at the mo i have a 10 and 8 inch tom on order :D and me and dave are working on ideas for my snare