The only thing really will be in your basic playing, how you hold the stick, sit, etc. people who dont have lessons normaly used their arms way more than they should most things can be done from the rist, using the simple "molor" style of playing on your hats cuts down the work load by 1/2, i'd advise you just to go to a drum teacher for 2 lessons or so to make shure your doing everything right if not you WILL damage your body and it will begin to show in later life, befor tours i always go and see my drum teacher for a few lessons to get me back in shape as well as to see if i have picked up any bad habits and to help me drop them befor the tour starts

also ALWAYs wear ear plugs ew evidence show that it is only saft to listen to a snare drum for about a 1 min after thjat damage can be done and some can be for life

yeh i got these huge headphones that drown sound owt big time, yeh i have found problems with playing my hi-hat i cnt really do it that fast, i even struggle with muscle museum, and i can't play the bass as fast as i want to my ankle kinda limps out but i'll keep practicin!!

yeah i always practice with earplugs too, i had nasty incident involning a lot of band practise followed by a lot of tinnitus, it may still affect me in later life. i tell everyone than i play with, including guitarists to play with plugs on cos i think its just plain stupid not to. and some people say well ill just play quieter, well that doesnt get rid of the high end frequencies, which earplugs are designed to eliminate. i have some little in ear ones that have like 3 different levels of sound protection.

i am in desperate need of a cymbal, my 16" A custom crash cracked whilst i was playing last night and i need a replacement pronto but the problem is i'm skint, my band has a gig coming up in 3 days and i need a cymbal under £50

i've been looking at paiste 101's and sabian solar, what should i do?

You can't gig with sh!tty brass cymbals like that you'll get no projection or decent sound or nuffink. Shame on your for breaking the beloved a customs :p If I were you I would save up (if possible) and get the new A Custom Medium, or A Mediumsthose won't break, and are ten fifty milliontimes better than solar or 101.

yeah dont go down the dark path of solar....i played a kit with some on....shudders...if u have another crash then you could just do without the second crash. or you can do what i did and find an old cymbal in your friend garage and say, can i have this and then he goe yeah i dunno where that came from...

the aax and hhx crashes are nice too. u may be able to get a wuhan or something, theyre meant to be okish (the chinas at least) and theyr pretty cheap too.

STAGG!!!!

These guys cymbals are great. the quality control on them isnt the best so you may need to try a few to find the best one but once you do i would put them up against any Sabian Paiste or Zildjian, and they are 1/2 the price!!!

beleve me in 2 years stagg cymbals will rock

STAGG!!!!

These guys cymbals are great. the quality control on them isnt the best so you may need to try a few to find the best one but once you do i would put them up against any Sabian Paiste or Zildjian, and they are 1/2 the price!!!

ive got one word for you.. no

haha

STAGG!!!!

basically.................................na

need some help, its my birthday soon, and im thinking of upgraing some of my cymals becuase mine suck arse. i think i will have a buget of around £200, beuase my mum said she would get something for that price a few months ago. i was wondering what i should upgrade first? should i look into getting somehing like an aax or hhx pack (it would mean pushig the buget) or should i start with some new hats or a ride?

im looking at k's becuase they are my fav line of cymbal.

any help appreciated

cheers

andrew