Also:

Do you think that if the rest of the songs are good, that it would redeem the other less good songs on the album? Or is it already into the trash for you guys?

Dead Inside is one of my favorite songs in ages, and Psycho's not so bad, either.

So, I think you're sort of lumping us all together, no?

What is interesting about Drones is that it seems to be looking back to the past a bit.

Globalist being a "sequel" to Citizen Erased, The Handler being a "question and answer" with the song Showbiz, Psycho being driven by an ancient muse outro riff. Hopefully this album doesn't turn into and sound like some sort of tribute album

Edited by PlugInYorkie

What is interesting about Drones is that it seems to be looking back to the past a bit.

Globalist being a "sequel" to Citizen Erased, Defector being a "question and answer" with the song Showbiz, Psycho being driven by an ancient muse outro riff. Hopefully this album doesn't turn into and sound like some sort of tribute album

The Handler, not Defector, is a sequel to Showbiz

The Handler, not Defector, is a sequel to Showbiz

My bad! Fixed it now.

Sequel to Showbiz? I thought it was just something akin to it.

The Globalist was the only sequel I was aware of.

It's not really a "sequel" apparently it just revisits the lyrics from Showbiz and Matt referred to it being almost "a question and answer" with showbiz. Who knows what that really means though...

One of the best bands in the world had something to say about the new Muse album.

Or they were making a common political statement.

That track alone is better than the last 3 Muse albums put together. Sounds more akin to something Radiohead might be doing.

Have you listened to the last three albums put together? It's a religious experience.

My bad! Fixed it now.

It's not really a "sequel" apparently it just revisits the lyrics from Showbiz and Matt referred to it being almost "a question and answer" with showbiz. Who knows what that really means though...

Right I didnt mean sequel, I just wrote it real quick

The "controlling my feelings for too long" line might be what he was referring to. I can see how it could be used to fit with the idea of being controlled by someone... sort of.

MK Ultra would go quite well on Drones as well since it's about mind control.

The "controlling my feelings for too long" line might be what he was referring to. I can see how it could be used to fit with the idea of being controlled by someone... sort of.

A lot of songs would go well on Drones, really. At least thematically. Uprising, Animals, Isolated System, Ruled By Secrecy, MK Ultra, Megalomania, Assassin...

I think you are on the right track, if Matt didn't mention showbiz I think we probably wouldn't even make these comparisons. I'll be studying the lyrics when the album drops as a result of this hype now!