To do a more fair comparison, here are the songs that were released before T2L and Drones were released.

Isolated System>Reapers>Dead Inside>Psycho>Survival>Madness>Mercy

We had unsustainable too

Edit: and don't think we got full IS until it leaked iirc

Edited by mattestro.

We had unsustainable too

Edit: and don't think we got full IS until it leaked iirc

Quite right about Unsustainable, can't really remember that about IS. I just remember the treasure hunt thingy, but you mean that we didn't get the full song by that?

[isolated System]>Reapers>Dead Inside>Psycho>Survival>Madness>Unsustainable>Mercy

Isolated System is alright but it really bores me after a while. Plus for me the clear Tubular Bells sound from it takes a little bit away from it. I'd definitely say Reapers and Exo (and MK Ultra obv) are the best things Muse have done since BHAR, for me.

Edited by Gareeh

Yeah,

And the polymeter sung by the choir near the end in 3/4 against the 4/4 piece really chills me.

Hoodoo string section as well - 4/4 against 3/4.

That's probably my favorite part of the song. And yeah, I agree. Exo, Reapers and IS are the best things Muse has done since BH&R

Unnatural Selection beats out Exo for me. I like most of the songs on TR, but there aren't any I adore. TR and Showbiz are both about as good as each other for me, because Showbiz has done excellent songs, but others that really bore me, whereas TR is made up of rather mediocre songs with a couple of good ones.

I don't think The Resistance is a bad album. The only songs I don't like are Guiding Light (obviously :LOL:) and MK Ultra (yep, it bores me). I'm not too fond of Resistance too. The rest are solid tracks... It's way better than T2L, this run, Follow Me-Explorers-Big Freeze-Save Me, is atrocious :LOL::LOL:.

Edit: Sorry to break the MK Ultra love :LOL:

Yeah,

And the polymeter sung by the choir near the end in 3/4 against the 4/4 piece really chills me.

Hoodoo string section as well - 4/4 against 3/4.

4/8 actually i think :p but yeah while isolated system doesn't do much for me, hoodoo is an amazing song

wonder if they'll further experiment with polymeters on drones

I don't think The Resistance is a bad album. The only songs I don't like are Guiding Light (obviously :LOL:) and MK Ultra (yep, it bores me). I'm not too fond of Resistance too.

The Resistance ended up being far better live - Uprising, USoE, MK, US, IBTY all sound so much better live. Agree that Resistance isn't great as a song btw, drags so much