To be fair, they played a great set considering this was a full blown BBC gig where most of the audience only know SMB and Uprising. Hardly gonna be b-side central. :p

Very true! Didn't think of that at all.

Given that as well, why WOULD they debut another guitar-heavy song like The Handler or Defector?

It all makes sense now and I'm not nearly as disappointed anymore as I was once I finished watching the set. No wonder so many of their pop hits were played :LOL: makes sooo much sense.

Sooo my local record store will be getting a shipment June 3. This is when I'll get my copy due to preorder perks ;)

Seriously?

If so, you know what to do.

Edit: Actually, we may well have a stream by then anyway so it might not matter :chuckle:

Edited by Jobby

Seriously?

If so, you know what to do.

Edit: Actually, we may well have a stream by then anyway so it might not matter :chuckle:

I still stand by my prediction of June 1, if this same thing applies to me in the US it probably is a thing in Australia too.

I think Matt's singing is a little off in Psycho, the guitar lick at the beginning feels awkward as if he didn't know when to start, and Chris doesn't put himself into the 'I'm gonna make you..." bits enough imo.

I'm now watching the Radio 1 Big Weekend performance and I have to say Matt's vocals really sound like a struggle. He has trouble hitting the notes of the choruses of Hysteria and TiRo but also the falsetto sounds a lot weaker.

You guys think he just had a bad day?

I'm now watching the Radio 1 Big Weekend performance and I have to say Matt's vocals really sound like a struggle. He has trouble hitting the notes of the choruses of Hysteria and TiRo but also the falsetto sounds a lot weaker.

He's been sounding weird since the Psycho tour sadly, with some better days now and again.

He's definitely struggling lately, struggled at some of the smaller gigs as well but I think this gig was just a particularly bad day for him tbh