The Second Law definitely did leak guys. There was an anonymous YouTube upload of the entire album about a week before release (I assume it was uploaded somewhere else before this) and then only after that were the Australian stream and the Guardian stream made available.

Madness also leaked before it was officially released as a single, I remember Zane Lowe mentioning the leak when he first played it on R1.

The "hype" doesn't exist anywhere other than on here occasionally, with a very small number of people compared to the industry's "audience". T2L had a bit of a public hype as the Unsustainable teaser was kinda controversial (for the lack of a better word).

They're generally getting better at controlling leaks and although obviously that's always a possibility, I doubt anything will happen until couple of days beroe re

Let me guess, it feels more real this time because you were part of it?

Lol two posts and you're already at an inflammatory high. No, there is hype because of the content of the album versus the fact that there is an album.

I agree with you guys, despite how badly I want to listen the new album I think it won't leak, I remember clear the deal with T2L and I think it will be the same with this album, the band might stream a week before or five days before..

...what I don't know if it will be seven or five days before the album release in Australia (June 5) or worldwide (June 8)

And about another single, or song released, I really don't know Blur and Mumfor & Sons released 3 o 4 songs before the album release, this month we have a few gigs and such, so... who knows

I could see a new song coming out this month to build the hype a week or two before release.

agreed, it's been a month since DI and I'm not very hyped right now, and an Instagram clip and days later a new song (Reapers, Mercy, Defector) could up the hype to ridiculous level.

Yeah, listens. Having people rank the album isn't the scientific method you think it is.

It doesn't matter about it being the "scientific method", I just don't expect anyone to say this is the best album they've ever put out because no fan would've said that about TR or T2L after an initial listen. Hence, if any feedback is along the lines of "their best work yet" or "gives OoS/Aboslution a run for their money" it would be very significant. From what I remember hearing around here as well, BHAR wasn't well received initially either.

It doesn't matter about it being the "scientific method", I just don't expect anyone to say this is the best album they've ever put out because no fan would've said that about TR or T2L after an initial listen. Hence, if any feedback is along the lines of "their best work yet" or "gives OoS/Aboslution a run for their money" it would be very significant. From what I remember hearing around here as well, BHAR wasn't well received initially either.

Except it wouldn't be really, because the views expressed after the listening party are obviously gonna be subject to hyperbole: hyberbole like "their best work yet" or "gives oos/abso" a run for their money."

Yes, exactly. Bhar wasn't well received initially, then after some time, a more measured approach developed.

Except it wouldn't be really, because the views expressed after the listening party are obviously gonna be subject to hyperbole: hyberbole like "their best work yet" or "gives oos/abso" a run for their money."

Yes, exactly. Bhar wasn't well received initially, then after some time, a more measured approach developed.

You're missing my point. Hyperbolic or not, it's a bit ridiculous to expect fans to say "it's the beeeest thing ever omg!!!!!!!!" You can choose not to see any value in those opinions, but I do. Same logic you're using can be applied to critics who review albums just as they come out or just as soon as they're allowed to. You don't need to wait for years at a time before developing a proper opinion.

You're missing my point. Hyperbolic or not, it's a bit ridiculous to expect fans to say "it's the beeeest thing ever omg!!!!!!!!" You can choose not to see any value in those opinions, but I do. Same logic you're using can be applied to critics who review albums just as they come out or just as soon as they're allowed to. You don't need to wait for years at a time before developing a proper opinion.

I just noticed you made a typo. You said it would be very significant, so I apologise. But still, the fact you want people to rank the albums is basically just a numerical version of saying 'best thing eva.'

It's not the same logic at all though. We can assume that critics probably listen to the album a few times before penning their reviews + there's at least a little expectation that they remain impartial. We don't know how many times the people are the listning even are gonna get to listen to it and if you think Muse fans who're hyped for a new album are gonna give a balanced view of how the album sounds, you're just wrong.

I just noticed you made a typo. You said it would be very significant, so I apologise. But still, the fact you want people to rank the albums is basically just a numerical version of saying 'best thing eva.'

It's not the same logic at all though. We can assume that critics probably listen to the album a few times before penning their reviews + there's at least a little expectation that they remain impartial. We don't know how many times the people are the listning even are gonna get to listen to it and if you think Muse fans who're hyped for a new album are gonna give a balanced view of how the album sounds, you're just wrong.

People can be hyped and still give a balanced review. I expect such from Mr. DeLarge, and Anthony Fantano for example (not that he's the best critic out there) does it routinely.

what?

Your points in this thread don't contribute very much of anything besides playing devil's advocate as you love to do

I don't know where Drones will end up for me, I'm loving the sound of it so far but it's still probably three weeks or so before I hear any more of it. :LOL:

At the moment, (and this is just my own personal opinion), I'd rank each Muse album as thus:

Absolution

Black Holes and Revelations

Origin of Symmetry

Showbiz

The Resistance

The 2nd Law

I'd expect Drones to be somewhere between Origin and Showbiz.

Your points in this thread don't contribute very much of anything besides playing devil's advocate as you love to do

I disagree when complete bullshit is posted as truths. Getting asked what makes you say the album is more hyped and replying with "the content" along with a very iffy usage of versus doesn't make much sense. Where are you seeing a hype?

I don't know where Drones will end up for me, I'm loving the sound of it so far but it's still probably three weeks or so before I hear any more of it. :LOL:

At the moment, (and this is just my own personal opinion), I'd rank each Muse album as thus:

Absolution

Black Holes and Revelations

Origin of Symmetry

Showbiz

The Resistance

The 2nd Law

I'd expect Drones to be somewhere between Origin and Showbiz.

If we get something really heavy and good then this would be mine:

Absolution

Origin of Symmetry

Showbiz

Drones and BHR in same spot

A pile of dog shit

The 2nd Law

The Resistance

I disagree when complete bullshit is posted as truths. Getting asked what makes you say the album is more hyped and replying with "the content" along with a very iffy usage of versus doesn't make much sense. Where are you seeing a hype?

Complete bullshit? Iffy usage of versus? Christ, is it observation and grammar derision time on this thread again? Apparently I've been long overdue... :rolleyes: You clearly understood what I meant, and I observed that people are more excited about Muse's return to form because there's something tangible there to look forward to that pleases older fans, whereas TR only really mentioned Exogenesis which the hype centered around, and T2L had no major focus around which any hype had grown. Expectations are higher for this album because we know what to expect. Satisfied?

If we get something really heavy and good then this would be mine:

Absolution

Origin of Symmetry

Showbiz

Drones and BHR in same spot

A pile of dog shit

The 2nd Law

The Resistance

Interesting that you like Showbiz so much. Judging from what the band have said and what hints we've gotten, I think this will be a top three album for me (Absolution/Origin of Symmetry/Drones), and might help me define a solid spot for each of those two since I see them constantly competing for my #1 spot.