It doesn't matter about it being the "scientific method", I just don't expect anyone to say this is the best album they've ever put out because no fan would've said that about TR or T2L after an initial listen. Hence, if any feedback is along the lines of "their best work yet" or "gives OoS/Aboslution a run for their money" it would be very significant. From what I remember hearing around here as well, BHAR wasn't well received initially either.

I wouldn't entirely agree with this because TR was pretty well received at first. It was only later that people began liking it a lot less but I can remember people saying it was as good if not better than OoS when it first came out. But I agree with most of what you said.

I wouldn't entirely agree with this because TR was pretty well received at first. It was only later that people began liking it a lot less but I can remember people saying it was as good if not better than OoS when it first came out. But I agree with most of what you said.

Really? Meh, it was 6 years ago so my memory might be a little hazy for that. I don't remember the OoS comparisons at all myself but I'll take your word for it.

Really? Meh, it was 6 years ago so my memory might be a little hazy for that. I don't remember the OoS comparisons at all myself but I'll take your word for it.

Look on the best album discussion and look for late 2009 early 2010. It's in most people's top 3.

You've really only got to look at the Psycho thread to get the gist of it, really.

Everyone super, SUPER excited, this is what we always wanted, Muse is back, etc, etc.

And then none of those people show up ever again, or they settle down.

Just because people choose not to repeat themselves doesn't mean all of the enthusiasm is gone. I mean, I could go in there and say what I think about Psycho again, but what's the point.

My 3rd spot for best Muse album is pretty shaky. Black Holes? Resistance? I could see Drones being better than either

I have a feeling it won't be. For me Black Holes is a solid third even though I don't consider that good of an album overall. There's a few songs that are bad but not as bad as the worst parts of TR and T2L.

As for Drones, I don't think it has any chance of replacing my third favorite Muse album because I have serious doubts that any part of the album is on par with Hoodoo, Map or TaB.

Especially when we found out the most hyped song on the album rips off a Morricone song for we don't know how long.

I have a feeling it won't be. For me Black Holes is a solid third even though I don't consider that good of an album overall. There's a few songs that are bad but not as bad as the worst parts of TR and T2L.

As for Drones, I don't think it has any chance of replacing my third favorite Muse album because I have serious doubts that any part of the album is on par with Hoodoo, Map or TaB.

Especially when we found out the most hyped song on the album rips off a Morricone song for we don't know how long.

10 minute track thooooo...

At least it's not as useless as "Collateral Damage".