Muse fan reviews are some of the least reliable things I've ever read so I'll find it hard to get hyped over most of the descriptions. Little details about the Reapers outro and what kind of song Drones is will be nice though.

I trust some of the forum members. It's the fanatic Twitter users that you can't trust for fan reviews

We should find a way to send that Daibhibi Grannd guy to listen to this album. He deserves it, his frozen mother and frozen tortured therapist would be proud.

I'm starting to think that this guy is the protagonist from the album.

The Muse fan reviews will be a bunch of useless "this song sounds like x" comparisons that aren't even accurate.

Yeah I'm not sure why people are looking forward to it. I'm similarly into the details like Reaper's outro. Things that fans will actually be looking out for. But as far as descriptions of songs go published reviews will certainly be better worded and fair.

Yeah I'm not sure why people are looking forward to it. I'm similarly into the details like Reaper's outro. Things that fans will actually be looking out for. But as far as descriptions of songs go published reviews will certainly be better worded and fair.

I don't know if someone has already pointed it out but during the outro chris keeps saying the 'drones' thing, so that makes me think its on the studio version :p

Maybe new LYRICS videos (for the next singles, or next single) & visuals.

Those are also more likely as they only went in for 2 days, and only show green screens (as shown in the tom kirk tweet), so likely just only lyric videos

I think if they expected fan reviews of the songs to be at all accurate, they wouldn't have a listening party a month early. They know they're going to be completely bs. :chuckle: And there's no way they can get that many people to not talk about it early, successfully.

Having this also be part live gig and part meet and greet/interview is also going to skew people's opinions for the positive, more than likely.

You're way more likely to take away a positive impression of the material, especially if you hear it once, when you're already super excited and happy, of course.

don't see it

Probably their most Radiohead-ish song because of the time signature, but i've never found the comparisons accurate anyway.

Plus, what's all this fanfare about fans listening to the album a month early somewhere?

EDIT: Just realised it's that first listen party isn't it. Should be interesting but im with others when they say Muse fans have a tendency to overreact after initial listens, either one way or the other. "Madness sounds like Bliss" springs to mind.

Edited by Con101

Probably their most Radiohead-ish song because of the time signature, but i've never found the comparisons accurate anyway.

Plus, what's all this fanfare about fans listening to the album a month early somewhere?

it's a thing iHeart Radio is doing at their gig Saturday.

Should be interesting but im with others when they say Muse fans have a tendency to overreact after initial listens, either one way or the other. "Madness sounds like Bliss" springs to mind.

I swear the whole Madness being like Bliss was just due to Matt saying Madness is his favourite song he's ever written and previously he said that about Bliss