I also feel like they seem a bit dismissive of Mutt. I mean I get why they would be fed up, totally, but still kind of feel bad for him.

I feel the same. I wonder if they are appreciative of his input given the only feedback matt has given post-album recording is about Mutt demanding more takes.

Because what you heard was probably most of a song that is 10 minutes long.

It's the section they focus on right in the middle of the making of, seems unlikely that it's just a 30 second outro or something...

But you're right, neither of us knows what the full song sounds like yet :)

The good thing about this is now that people have heard bits of The Globalist, they can adjust their expectations instead of expecting it to actually sound like Citizen Erased musically and being disappointed. Basically what Dee said earlier.

Defector is a lot more upbeat than I was expecting, definitely reminds me of Showbiz era Muse.

Edited by Tesseract

The good thing about this is now that people have heard bits of The Globalist, they can adjust their expectations instead expecting it to actually sound like Citizen Erased musically and being disappointed. Basically what Dee said earlier.

Defector is a lot more upbeat than I was expecting, definitely reminds me of Showbiz era Muse.

Agreed.

I was keeping my expectations way low, it sounds pretty good. It sounds like it can evolve into a great song, but we only heard snippets

I'm reserving all judgement until I hear the album, but it does look promising.

I can't help but feel that this wasn't accidental, being 'leaked' on Vimeo and now being on Youtube with no action taken so far? Wouldn't their management team be really quick at taking stuff like that down? Look how quick Reapers videos were taken down.

I'm reserving all judgement until I hear the album, but it does look promising.

I can't help but feel that this wasn't accidental, being 'leaked' on Vimeo and now being on Youtube with no action taken so far? Wouldn't their management team be really quick at taking stuff like that down? Look how quick Reapers videos were taken down.

Reapers took a few hours, almost a day. Vimeo video is already down

Where did this come from? Blimey.

Erm, thoughts... for some reason Defector initially made me think of Yellow by Coldplay but heavier. Seemed better in different takes and also when it progressed though. Can imagine that being a good tune live.

Globalist already sounds like an interesting mammoth. I'm really impressed by the string parts at the start of the piece, and I like the idea of the middle bit being a full band heavier duty version of Helsinki Jam, but still waiting to see how it all syncs up, plus furthermore with the slides and the piano coda at the end. I'm not sure about the addition of Matt throwing chairs during the intro. :chuckle:

Also made me chuckle a little to see Matt going "bom-bom-psh" while trying to direct the drum parts for the end of The Globalist.

Is it really still 2 months plus until Drones is out?