698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

Recording with nice audio quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcpCDJelasU

On a first listen, I'll probably like this far more than anything on The 2nd Law, or most of The Resistance! Digging it a lot more than Psycho. A lot may depend on what the production is like on that chorus though and how bad the lyrics are. And that awesome end better be in there!

...? :stunned: no.

Sounds like Born This Way to me and you won't change my mind :noey:

For real though I love every part of the song except for the first half of the solo, Matt completely lost me there. I'm hoping it was mostly improvisation.

Overall Reapers has reassured me that Muse are still capable of experimentation, thank god.

I kinda get the comments about the chorus being a little bit weak - but as the first performance of this song I think it's fucking sick! Matt's just gotta find a better groove when playing it live, but overall I like the sound of it & can't wait to hear it as part of the album.

For now I think it sounds pretty promising. & am loving the sort of urgency of the verses

as opposed to when?

He's not really used it for a whole song section since Exogenesis, I guess he used to it for the last couple lines in Madness but other than that he hasn't really sung in falsetto for more than just the end of lines or to sing the word supremacy

Really digging the solo and the heavy outtro, now I'm gonna try to forget about it til the 8th June. Kinda hoping they don't play too much of the new album on this tour, I'd rather hear studio versions first, but can't resist watching these bloody youtube vids

Are you seriously bitching about the chorus? Its fucking genius. What we all should be bothered with is the solos, what the hell was that?

Yeah, the chorus is one of the best parts! The solo is all over the place on the other hand.

I also think the drumming needs changing during the verses, it just seems so 'meh' and slows things down somehow.

Edited by Tom//P

Yeah, the chorus is one of the best parts! The solo is all over the place on the other hand.

I also think the drumming needs changing during the verses, it just seems so 'meh' and slows things down somehow.

People bitching about the chorus are only bitching about the falsetto. It's weak.

It's like a cross between Absolution and Resistance in sound. Sounds pretty awesome. Definitely want to hear a better recording/studio version though so I can actually hear what's happening with the bass etc.

Also, someone said the first half of the solo sucks? That's my favourite half... The most Muse-like part of the solo!

Yeah I found it to be a bit like that too with the solo though I do think that a bit of the sound is being lost I the recordings. Got a feeling it may make more sense when we hear the full studio version.

Liking the rest alot so far tho.

nah I just don't like it in general. But it's growing on me I think.

It's a slow grower for me too. I think once I hear it with the inevitable 10 Matt overdubs + the vocoded bit Morgan sang back in the mix during the choruses (which on the record will probably also be Matt) it will sound far better.

It's like a cross between Absolution and Resistance in sound. Sounds pretty awesome. Definitely want to hear a better recording/studio version though so I can actually hear what's happening with the bass etc.

Also, someone said the first half of the solo sucks? That's my favourite half... The most Muse-like part of the solo!

If you want to listen only for the bass, listen to this recording and try and ignore the guitar/drums. Bass is pretty prominent here