Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

If it really is "a crosshair locked on my heart" that's one of the worst lyrics he's written.

Eh I think it's only bad if he means it in the metaphorical "love" sense. I think it's not so bad if meant literally, as the heart would certainly be an effective place to shoot to kill someone.

Dom in 2007 - "There are some serious ideas, but a lot of the musical accompaniments and flourishes are done in a spirit of fun. We’re often laughing as we record.”

I think complaints about it being wanky and overblown fail to miss that that is part of what Muse is. They probably had a great time recording that solo. It's utterly ridiculous and OTT, but that's why it's so great, no?

Eh I think it's only bad if he means it in the metaphorical "love" sense. I think it's not so bad if meant literally, as the heart would certainly be an effective place to shoot to kill someone.

Knowing Matt, pretty sure he'd use that metaphorically.

Dom in 2007 - "There are some serious ideas, but a lot of the musical accompaniments and flourishes are done in a spirit of fun. We’re often laughing as we record.”

I think complaints about it being wanky and overblown fail to miss that that is part of what Muse is. They probably had a great time recording that solo. It's utterly ridiculous and OTT, but that's why it's so great, no?

We talked about that quote on friday actually

The first thing I did when i woke up was to watch a footage of this. Whew

The style that they're playing on this tour reminds me of their Japan 2013 gig :LOL::LOL:

Looks like Muse just took another step in the right direction and im more than satisfied,

and its also bc i do like classic rock.

The bridge is solid, I just hate how the chorus goes so blatantly classic rock. I like most of the song except the chorus and the unnecessary outro, I dunno. I still think the outro feels tacked on.

It is kind of out of place with the classic rock going on earlier in the song but at least the outro sounds awesome.

It is kind of out of place with the classic rock going on earlier in the song but at least the outro sounds awesome.

Yeah, it definitely is awesome except I think that Matt completely dropped the ball. Again he has the opportunity to produce a cool riff but he just plays what sounds like feedback and makes the guitar sound even less interesting than during the solo of Psycho.

Since this was used as a closer, I wonder if it's the most aggressive/rock song on Drones. You know, the most "fuck yeah I'm gonna bang my head to this shit" song.

I think there's a song that will feature a 7-string helsinki jam-like kind of riff, so I'd say that would sound beefier on paper.