Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

The Globalist ballad-y section between the strings intro and the heavy riff, the lyrical melody is similar to Soaked.

+ the 'They'll laugh as they watch us fall' line from Unnatural Selection. It was discussed ages ago when the Making Of first leaked.

+ the 'They'll laugh as they watch us fall' line from Unnatural Selection. It was discussed ages ago when the Making Of first leaked.

Ah, my apologies for the lateness then.

I'm new to the forums as you could probably tell by my side profile thing.

Ok I just reread the other thread and it definitely says 10:07 now, I feel like I'm going insane. I could have sword it was 10 minutes 40 something seconds.

Am I in The Truman Show? I even remember thinking how correct I was in my guess that it would be slightly under 11 minutes.

Edit: OK I think I figured it out. I read JJ's prediction post that he quoted and didn't read closely. Whoops.

Edited by Tesseract

Ok I just reread the other thread and it definitely says 10:07 now, I feel like I'm going insane. I could have sword it was 10 minutes 40 something seconds.

Am I in The Truman Show? I even remember thinking how correct I was in my guess that it would be slightly under 11 minutes.

Edit: OK I think I figured it out. I read JJ's prediction post that he quoted and didn't read closely. Whoops.

I am the deceiver :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Posted in the other thread, but I guess here would be better:

The Globalist is nice, but suffers from a lack of fluidity, if that is the right word.

Look at long songs by the likes of Porcupine tree, Amplifier etc. It feels like one song, not a bunch of ideas bashed into one 10 minute piece with clunky transitions.

And for the record, upon first listen I liked the end. :p