Bliss was a staple for years though. All of OoS and Absolution tour, most of BH&R, and it has cropped up again on numerous occasions on every tour since.

Not every song can, or should be, a permanent fixture in the set - although some look fairly destined to be so - Knights, for instance.

Bliss was a staple for years though. All of OoS and Absolution tour, most of BH&R, and it has cropped up again on numerous occasions on every tour since.

Not every song can, or should be, a permanent fixture in the set - although some look fairly destined to be so - Knights, for instance.

yeah fair point, I just love it way too much ;)

I enjoy seeing Animals live but it taking the place of SS should be a sin.

agreed

A lot of it is probably due to the new album being easier than the last. I mean in a way Micro Cuts replaces Supremacy in terms of falsetto, and then when the last tour had BOTH...well you get the idea.

A lot of it is probably due to the new album being easier than the last. I mean in a way Micro Cuts replaces Supremacy in terms of falsetto, and then when the last tour had BOTH...well you get the idea.

I dunno about Drones being easier for vocals. The Handler is pretty full on at the end, as is Dead Inside and Mercy which have a lot of sustained vocals towards the top of his chest voice range.

I dunno about Drones being easier for vocals. The Handler is pretty full on at the end, as is Dead Inside and Mercy which have a lot of sustained vocals towards the top of his chest voice range.
So was Follow Me, Panic Station, Survival, Big Freeze, Madness, Unsustainable..and the falsetto was much higher in general with Supremacy, Survival and Panic Station.

Drones mostly has G4s. One Bb4 (which isn't performed live) and like four A4s in total (two songs). T2L had over 10 Bb4s, and almost every single song had A4s.

This board baffles me at times - these Drones sets have been their best in years, especially seeing as it's festival season too.

Yeah, this is the first album I can honestly say that I'd be happy getting the usual "album + the hits", but even their festival stuff is getting rarities, sure it's only bliss and AP but it's a good start.

I'm genuinely excited for the arena shows.

Edit: I just noticed the absence of SS. NO THIS IS NOT OKAY

SS was rotated a lot last cycle. Could be worse; I got US instead of it.

US really ain't that far off SS live though. It's also a shit-ton better than Animals live, which is apparently what it got rotated for at this gig.

glad resistance hasn't been seen for a few gigs, hope it stays away - especially when Micro Cuts and Bliss have been what's replaced it! would still like to see Madness dropped with how bad it sounds now that matt's dropped the chest voice A4s but i can understand why it's still there from a "hits" point of view. Hoping AP sticks around as well

If you're gonna discount the Dead Inside Bb4 (as you should), you've gotta discount the Follow Me, Big Freeze, Unsustainable (I know it's an A4, but still) and Explorers ones as well.
That point was simply that there's just one on the album, and it still isn't performed live. The main point was still about the albums. If I were to discredit all the notes that weren't performed live, Drones would be left with two A4s, some G#4s and loads of G4s (which T2L had loads of as well)

From 6, I've had Bliss (3) the same amount of times as Resistance or Undisclosed, and more than Feeling Good (2), New Born and Madness.

Maybe I'm unrepresentative, but I don't think Bliss is a rarity at all...

I saw it at my first two gigs (2003 and 2004); then didn't see it at all for the next 5 (2006-2010), then saw it at two in a row (2010 and 2013), then went to the only gig not to get it on the Psycho UK tour.

So yeah a semi-rarity.

That point was simply that there's just one on the album, and it still isn't performed live. The main point was still about the albums. If I were to discredit all the notes that weren't performed live, Drones would be left with two A4s, some G#4s and loads of G4s (which T2L had loads of as well)

Ok, but it looked like you were comparing the live version of Drones with the studio version of T2L, which isn't really fair.

Sure, Drones is definitely easier on the voice than T2L even with that factored in, but it's not as big a difference as you were making it seem (unintentionally, of course).

Ok, but it looked like you were comparing the live version of Drones with the studio version of T2L, which isn't really fair.

Sure, Drones is definitely easier on the voice than T2L even with that factored in, but it's not as big a difference as you were making it seem (unintentionally, of course).

It's a huge difference. Like I said, "Drones mostly has G4s. One Bb4 and like four A4s in total (two songs). T2L had over 10 Bb4s, and almost every single song had A4s."

I removed that single comment about the ONLY Bb4 on Drones.

Supremacy had G#4, A4, E5s and G5s.

Madness had two Bb4s and an F5.

Panic Station had A4s, an E5 and an F#5.

Survival had a Bb4, Eb5 and G#5s.

Follow Me had loads of G4s, G#4s and Bb4s.

Animals had G#4s or A4s, can't remember which.

Explorers had an A4 and a Bb4.

Big Freeze had loads of G4s (possibly G#4s, can't remember) and a bunch of Bb4s. The most difficult Muse song ever.

Unsustainable had G#4s and A4s.

The Bb4s in Survival, Follow Me, Big Freeze and Madness are all really, really impressive for Matt, and without a doubt the best he has ever sounded in that range. Then you have the falsetto G#5 which is the only note in that range since Micro Cuts, and it's arguably better.

Now onto Drones.

Dead Inside had G4s, G#4s and one Bb4. Really difficult song but the Bb4 is worse than pretty much all of the ones on T2L.

Psycho has G4s and falsetto C5s. Nothing impressive.

Mercy has loads of G4s and again falsetto C5s. Also difficult, possibly the hardest on the album, still nowhere near Big Freeze, Unsustainable or Follow Me.

Reapers has nothing really difficult. Short falsetto D5s,

The Handler has two A4s and 3 D5s. Pretty difficult, but still not even comparable to Madness with those insane Bb4s, not even comparable to the live version with the A4s.

Defector has some nice falsetto work in the background that goes up to like F#5, other than that it's really nothing special. Probably easier than every song on T2L.

Revolt has G4s and a falsetto G5. Probably comparable to Supremacy in terms of difficulty.

Aftermath is really easy apart from like a few seconds towards the end where he hits two A4s. Easier than Explorers.

The Globalist has a bunch of G4s. Really good ones, but still G4s. Probably once again easier than every song on T2L where Matt sings.

Drones is ofc really impressive, hard to judge it really. But range wise nothing special, and the difficulty of the individual vocal tracks isn't that impressive, unless you count sound but then all of this is useless because it's all subjective.

In terms of difficulty to sing, I'd rank the songs like this:

Big Freeze

Follow Me

Unsustainable

Madness/Mercy

Dead Inside

Survival

The Handler

Supremacy/Revolt

Drones

Explorers

Panic Station

Reapers

The Globalist

Psycho/Aftermath/Defector

Edited by Tjet

It's a huge difference. Like I said, "Drones mostly has G4s. One Bb4 and like four A4s in total (two songs). T2L had over 10 Bb4s, and almost every single song had A4s."

I removed that single comment about the ONLY Bb4 on Drones.

Supremacy had G#4, A4, E5s and G5s.

Madness had two Bb4s and an F5.

Panic Station had A4s, an E5 and an F#5.

Survival had a Bb4, Eb5 and G#5s.

Follow Me had loads of G4s, G#4s and Bb4s.

Animals had G#4s or A4s, can't remember which.

Explorers had an A4 and a Bb4.

Big Freeze had loads of G4s (possibly G#4s, can't remember) and a bunch of Bb4s. The most difficult Muse song ever.

Unsustainable had G#4s and A4s.

The Bb4s in Survival, Follow Me, Big Freeze and Madness are all really, really impressive for Matt, and without a doubt the best he has ever sounded in that range. Then you have the falsetto G#5 which is the only note in that range since Micro Cuts, and it's arguably better.

Now onto Drones.

Dead Inside had G4s, G#4s and one Bb4. Really difficult song but the Bb4 is worse than pretty much all of the ones on T2L.

Psycho has G4s and falsetto C5s. Nothing impressive.

Mercy has loads of G4s and again falsetto C5s. Also difficult, possibly the hardest on the album, still nowhere near Big Freeze, Unsustainable or Follow Me.

Reapers has nothing really difficult. Short falsetto D5s,

The Handler has two A4s and 3 D5s. Pretty difficult, but still not even comparable to Madness with those insane Bb4s, not even comparable to the live version with the A4s.

Defector has some nice falsetto work in the background that goes up to like F#5, other than that it's really nothing special. Probably easier than every song on T2L.

Revolt has G4s and a falsetto G5. Probably comparable to Supremacy in terms of difficulty.

Aftermath is really easy apart from like a few seconds towards the end where he hits two A4s. Easier than Explorers.

The Globalist has a bunch of G4s. Really good ones, but still G4s. Probably once again easier than every song on T2L where Matt sings.

Drones is ofc really impressive, hard to judge it really. But range wise nothing special, and the difficulty of the individual vocal tracks isn't that impressive, unless you count sound but then all of this is useless because it's all subjective.

In terms of difficulty to sing, I'd rank the songs like this:

Big Freeze

Follow Me

Unsustainable

Madness/Mercy

Dead Inside

Survival

The Handler

Supremacy/Revolt

Drones

Explorers

Panic Station

Reapers

The Globalist

Psycho/Aftermath/Defector

I've been wondering, is the "foreeeeeeeever more" in the globalist a G4 or an A4? i've not tried pitching it yet