Yeah it was. More impressive it comes back on mid-yelp.

As for Bliss, it is a location thing. Maybe the fact it was a regular on the Psycho US tour might help its chances for the next US Tour... then again, we thought that after it was a regular on the first few T2L arena shows there and it duly failed to appear that often again.

Edited by forevermusic

Micro Cuts, Citizen Erased and Apocalypse Please in a row, and no Madness? Blimey... Finland got a decent set and a half.

Yeah!! That was pretty nice for a festival set. It was amazing...

I think Sweden will get something more special, although they'll have 30min shorter set than in Finland.. dunno :p

Or they just play CE like here on fin

I will break down at Werchter if they play Micro Cuts and/or Citizen Erased.

I'm probably getting Resistance and Madness.

I've pretty much accepted that Werchter will get the current shit rotations + Eurasia. All I want from this gig is AP. :'(

When Resistance first came out, I remember reading Matt saying it had some musical and thematic connections to Citizen Erased and Map of the Problematique. Yet in a live context, I think we're all fairly aware which the stronger tracks are. Although Resistance isn't the worst song live - its not the best, but its no Guiding Light.

When Resistance first came out, I remember reading Matt saying it had some musical and thematic connections to Citizen Erased and Map of the Problematique. Yet in a live context, I think we're all fairly aware which the stronger tracks are. Although Resistance isn't the worst song live - its not the best, but its no Guiding Light.

I´d say that it does have one of the best intros. The bass, drums, synth, piano, clapping aaaaaand then he starts to sing.

I´d say that it does have one of the best intros. The bass, drums, synth, piano, clapping aaaaaand then he starts to sing.

It was quite decent at Emirates 1, but I can live without Matt going "wooooaaaahhhh" over the intro like he did on T2L tour. I maintain it would be better if it just went straight from the verse to the chorus, or at least made the "it could be wrong, could be wrong" bit actually sound like the rest of the song.

Although Resistance isn't the worst song live - its not the best, but its no Guiding Light.

I'd say it's easily one of the worst, I'd rank it among the other shitters:

Blackout (2013 version)

USOE

Resistance

UD

Madness (2015 version)

Save Me

Guiding Light

Explorers

It was quite decent at Emirates 1, but I can live without Matt going "wooooaaaahhhh" over the intro like he did on T2L tour. I maintain it would be better if it just went straight from the verse to the chorus, or at least made the "it could be wrong, could be wrong" bit actually sound like the rest of the song.

That's been the problem with Resistance from the moment we all first heard it.

Blackout (2013 version)

USOE

Resistance

UD

Madness (2015 version)

Save Me

Guiding Light

Explorers

One of these is not like the others.

Blackout (2013 version)

USOE

Resistance

UD

Madness (2015 version)

Save Me

Guiding Light

Explorers

GL trumps the lot of live momentum killers. 2013 Blackout was poor, but I guess at the time I was happy just to have Blackout. Save Me and USOE were also decent live. 2011 UD was the worst of that song - was quite fun on T2L tour wth the barrier shit. I do like Explorers, but yeah, it did sap momentum. Monty Jam was also a momentum killer.

That's been the problem with Resistance from the moment we all first heard it.

I didn't think it was a problem at first, but older I get, I find it one.

GL trumps the lot of live momentum killers. 2013 Blackout was poor, but I guess at the time I was happy just to have Blackout. Save Me and USOE were also decent live. 2011 UD was the worst of that song - was quite fun on T2L tour wth the barrier shit. I do like Explorers, but yeah, it did sap momentum. Monty Jam was also a momentum killer.

No way! Monty Jam may not have been a balls out riff fest but it was awesome atmospherically with the news snippets. I loved it live, plus I got Sunburn right after it(might have helped).

Monty Jam is by far their best jam imo. It's atmospheric, fairly unique sounding (for Muse) and feels like an actual interlude between songs, as opposed to the others which feel like pointless, generic wankery that the band are enjoying a lot more than the audience.

Also, it's short and doesn't feel like it's taking up set space. The new one really drags and all the way through I'm thinking "They could easily get rid of this and MWAH and play another actual song or two".

Monty Jam is by far their best jam imo. It's atmospheric, fairly unique sounding (for Muse) and feels like an actual interlude between songs, as opposed to the others which feel like pointless, generic wankery that the band are enjoying a lot more than the audience.

Also, it's short and doesn't feel like it's taking up set space. The new one really drags and all the way through I'm thinking "They could easily get rid of this and MWAH and play another actual song or two".

100% agree with this.