Interesting. Disappointing too since the stadiums give you more bang for your buck setlist wise.

Yup, longer sets for generally cheaper prices (for GA, at least). Production's usually a bit better too imo.

Shame. Hopefully this means they'll go all out with the 360 tour and really give people their money's worth but I'm not expecting them to.

About damn time, too. Here's hoping for LP8 in 2017.

Yes, but after Summer 2016 (when European Tour will be over) here should be Australia and New Zealand, then a properly long period of hiatus for them to rest, at least to the end of 2016 and beginning of 2017.

So, I think we should expect the eighth album for the beginning of 2018, if everything goes smoothly.

ooh a DVD sounds exciting.

Does it though? They've done one for every album bar Showbiz and TR (and even then we got OOS @ Reading on the 360 app). Live At Rome was gash so I'm not really looking forward to another.

Part of me hopes they'll film it in London since one of my gigs still haven't made it onto a DVD (thought the Psycho Tour was my chance but nope :indiff:) but if it means another cheesefest like Rome then I'd rather just have a good gig tbh.

So any news about that "lowered stage" thing? Any reviews about the view from further back in GA? Not that I plan to stand there, but who knows how lucky I'll be.

It sounds like the attendees, or at least the ones that are actively posting, were seated in the front rows, instead of in GA.

They've said THEY had a great view of the band the entire time, but cannot speak to how low the stage was, or if GA will have a good view of the band.

On length: radio combined with everything else out there shortening our attention spans (the fact that "TL;DR" is even a thing...) has really made people intolerant of songs longer than "radio length" for a large portion.

And we don't even need the examples of Explorers or even CE to say "TG is long and slow" - a pretty good majority of people on here complained about it's "boring" piano section, and intro, already, and how everything was too long except the guitar bit in the middle.

Us "hardcores" complain about taking a piss break during Mercy or Revolt, which are relatively short, dynamic songs, and think that a very casual attendee is going to be engaged by the beginning and end parts of TG, especially if they've never heard it? It's going to feel like it's 1/2 hour long to those people. :chuckle:

Maybe this doesn't happen in the UK, or in Europe, as much, but plenty of people in the US go to these gigs, and call themselves "fans" and haven't heard anything other than what's readily available on the radio or trending on iTunes.

I was standing very close at both my T2L gigs, and it was very apparent that most of the people around me (although distinctly not the ones at the barrier) hadn't heard most of the songs.

It wasn't an issue of them being inactive (because that's how I am) but they were asking stuff like "is this another new one" "I think I've heard this one" to Abso stuff, and then would sing along loudly to Starlight/KoC/Madness.

I love UD but it doesn't translate well live at all. I'm not surprised to see it back though, I just hope that it doesn't mean Dead Inside, Madness and UD all in the same gig. But it probably does so fuck me.

Not overly excited about what I'm hearing so far.

I don't think its fair to put Dead Inside in that category.

I don't think its fair to put Dead Inside in that category.

I like Dead Inside and it was reasonably decent when I saw it. I'm just saying that it, Madness and UD are all pretty similar, so having all three in one gig would be a bit much, especially when the other two are shite live nowadays.

Madness without at least one of the last notes loses the entire impact of the song. The entire length of the song is a build up for that moment. Without it, the whole damn thing needs to go, imo.

But it'll be played at every single US gig. :facepalm:

I kind of feel like that's indicative of what we get here, as a whole; the band knows damn well the end is the "point" of the song and it suffers without it, but knows most of the people won't care, so they take the easier route.

Like with the short setlists.

On length: radio combined with everything else out there shortening our attention spans (the fact that "TL;DR" is even a thing...) has really made people intolerant of songs longer than "radio length" for a large portion.

And we don't even need the examples of Explorers or even CE to say "TG is long and slow" - a pretty good majority of people on here complained about it's "boring" piano section, and intro, already, and how everything was too long except the guitar bit in the middle.

Us "hardcores" complain about taking a piss break during Mercy or Revolt, which are relatively short, dynamic songs, and think that a very casual attendee is going to be engaged by the beginning and end parts of TG, especially if they've never heard it? It's going to feel like it's 1/2 hour long to those people. :chuckle:

Maybe this doesn't happen in the UK, or in Europe, as much, but plenty of people in the US go to these gigs, and call themselves "fans" and haven't heard anything other than what's readily available on the radio or trending on iTunes.

It happens a lot here, depends on the band obviously but the amount of talking during slow songs, filming on camera phones during big hits...it's really annoying. Or people are ridiculously drunk, such as two rugby-sized brutes in front of me at an Editors gig having a shoving match then only paying attention during Munich.

It happens a lot here, depends on the band obviously but the amount of talking during slow songs, filming on camera phones during big hits...it's really annoying. Or people are ridiculously drunk, such as two rugby-sized brutes in front of me at an Editors gig having a shoving match then only paying attention during Munich.

I spent a long time thinking it was just the crowds in my area, but I showed up to that Breaking Benjamin concert late, and started off in the back before finding my boyfriend, and the singing along of the crowd to EVERY song (including new tracks, and older ones from the first album, etc) completely drowned out the band from the back. And even a bit from closer up, really.

I was super close (but not barrier) for Muse, and there was so much "wtf is this song?," people talking, people on Twitter... and so little singing.

I find the latter is more common, unfortunately, but yeah, depends on the band.

I had one lovely bloke at my last non-Muse gig who, from about the third song on, drunkenly roared the name of the band's big hit during the entire gig.

I spent a long time thinking it was just the crowds in my area, but I showed up to that Breaking Benjamin concert late, and started off in the back before finding my boyfriend, and the singing along of the crowd to EVERY song (including new tracks, and older ones from the first album, etc) completely drowned out the band from the back. And even a bit from closer up, really.

I was super close (but not barrier) for Muse, and there was so much "wtf is this song?," people talking, people on Twitter... and so little singing.

I find the latter is more common, unfortunately, but yeah, depends on the band.

I had one lovely bloke at my last non-Muse gig who, from about the third song on, drunkenly roared the name of the band's big hit during the entire gig.

I find 'big name' bands attract a lot of 'day trippers', so they just go because of name recognition rather than necessarily being huge fans of the band. Certainly this occurs with Muse, Biffy Clyro (I haven't really been to many 'super band' concerts but i've done it myself with Oasis). Then I've seen mid-ranking bands like Bloc Party, Foals where everyone seems to know every song, including b-sides, non-album singles etc.

Of course Radiohead had a mix of the two, where people 'ironically' and 'genuinely' chant for Creep all gig :LOL:

So according to Muse FR and Virgin Radio, there will be no stadium tour.

I thought a while back that this would be the case.

Does it though? They've done one for every album bar Showbiz and TR (and even then we got OOS @ Reading on the 360 app). Live At Rome was gash so I'm not really looking forward to another.

Part of me hopes they'll film it in London since one of my gigs still haven't made it onto a DVD (thought the Psycho Tour was my chance but nope :indiff:) but if it means another cheesefest like Rome then I'd rather just have a good gig tbh.

I thought they had planned to film the 2010 Stade de France gigs for DVD, given pro-footage from that was put on YouTube (and also used to bulk out the Milan footage). Though yeah, there was a lead Origin in Reading.

They've done live films in the UK, France and Italy, so clearly somewhere else is planned. Maybe the 2 sell-outs in Madrid could work as a place with a good audience, although they probably think filming Resistance's vid at that arena counted as a live film, given it seemed to include bits from every song at that gig. :chuckle:

Not sure about NA for a film though.

As for the rehearsal, trust UD to be back. Hopefully with Matt doing the barrier walk as that was its only redeeming feature on the last tour, although it can't be any worse than the poor performance of it at Reading 2011. Also curious to see The Globalist, but 2 performances/playbacks of the title track from Drones is an odd one.

Are they actually going to open the show with Drones over the PA though that's like the most anticlimactic thing they could possibly do.

*5 mins before show starts, people getting excited and anxious*

*lights go down, place goes insane*

"Kiiiiilled byyyyyyy droooooooones..."

Are they actually going to open the show with Drones over the PA though that's like the most anticlimactic thing they could possibly do.

*5 mins before show starts, people getting excited and anxious*

*lights go down, place goes insane*

"Kiiiiilled byyyyyyy droooooooones..."

It'd definitely be a weird one. I'm hoping they were just testing out how it worked over the PA and that they're planning to use it somewhere else, though tbh I think it'll be weird no matter where they put it.

I think they'll just go with Drill Sergeant, or some kind of remix/reworking of it.

Side info from the rehearsal:

- Matt was extremely nervous about The Globalist because it's tricky, could lead to it being played less

- Map will be played in Europe, though it wasn't specified how much (lel fak u america)

- Map and Fury were promised to be played in Norway

- Matt said the setlist won't change much during the start of the tour but will change up more later on

So, couple of bummers for the NA gigs there.

Also, since they seem to be promising shit willy-nilly (and actually following through with it), how about we get some requests for London in? :3 I know there was something about Showbiz being promised a while ago but, let's be honest, they've either forgotten or gone back on it. *psssst* Assassin