I don't think I've ever seen or felt such a sense of collective disappointment as when Guiding Light started playing at the Etihad in 2013. Even the people on cocaine in front of me looked bored.

Where you on the right side near the front? I noticed halfway through the set some guys next to me snorting what I believed was MDMA at the time. Like fairplay but it was in a really lively section and I'm pretty sure Stockholm Syndrome was the next song on, fuck being in a mental crowd when you're high on MDMA, dunno how they managed.

That said if it was cocaine then it makes a lot more sense.

I was at Coventry and what with it being the first gig of the tour I had no idea what the setlist would be like, when Guiding Light started I was more confused than anything, just why?

I was at Coventry and what with it being the first gig of the tour I had no idea what the setlist would be like, when Guiding Light started I was more confused than anything, just why?

Most of us on here at least knew a few days before the gig that Guiding Light would be played since they soundchecked the shit out of it.

Then there was Megalomania / Endlessly hype that came to nothing. Good times.

Where you on the right side near the front? I noticed halfway through the set some guys next to me snorting what I believed was MDMA at the time. Like fairplay but it was in a really lively section and I'm pretty sure Stockholm Syndrome was the next song on, fuck being in a mental crowd when you're high on MDMA, dunno how they managed.

That said if it was cocaine then it makes a lot more sense.

Nah, I was pretty far back actually. Just to the left of the sound desk, iirc.

Tom walked through the crowd to get there. Him suddenly being right in front of me gave me a shock, I remember blurting out 'Tom Kirk' and he just kinda nodded as if to say "That's me" then carried on speed-walking :$

Most of us on here at least knew a few days before the gig that Guiding Light would be played since they soundchecked the shit out of it.

Then there was Megalomania / Endlessly hype that came to nothing. Good times.

I remember when the setlist first leaked for Coventry, and some people refused to believe it was real for a little while 'cause Starlight was closing. Funny, but actually kinda tragic in retrospect :chuckle:

I remember when the setlist first leaked for Coventry, and some people refused to believe it was real for a little while 'cause Starlight was closing. Funny, but actually kinda tragic in retrospect :chuckle:

Be careful what you wish for, or else GL will close gigs this tour.

I like how we all expected a rarity and it appears to be a shorter set than usual.

Although tbf, Foo Fighters' set last night was shorter than usual.

Just back from a weekend at Fujirock. It was a great performance as always but left me feeling... less satisfied than usual. The flow didn't seem as good as previous Muse gigs, and too many songs sounded a little similar to each other. I think the main problem is that the current set has Dead Inside (similar to Madness), Mercy (similar to Starlight) and Psycho (similar to Uprising). It would be a great tour to rest those older ones, even though it would be brave of them not to play two of their biggest hits.

BTW Foo Fighters played a full 2 hour set, but they just didn't get through many songs - a lot of talking to the crowd and doing extended jams in almost every song.

Can anyone lead or tell me which performance it was when Morgan kind of fucked up and Matt said "Morgan!" Real quick. Think it was pretty recent.

Unrelated but who's in the gif in your sig? I'm unsure of who the girl is and the guys at the back look like Daft Punk to me but I don't recall them ever making an appearance like that...

Can anyone lead or tell me which performance it was when Morgan kind of fucked up and Matt said "Morgan!" Real quick. Think it was pretty recent.

I know there is this performance of Host + TiRO in which Matt does that, but it's not very recent.