Exactly, it now tells us the release date will be on a Friday, no matter where we live. I would've thought that was obvious but I suppose some people do find it a little difficult to follow. :LOL:

Or maybe I should have just posted 'raw'.

I'd say if it's about music at all, it's more relevant than at least half the posts here...

Anyways, it's indicative of how the industry STILL doesn't understand the piracy issue; people aren't downloading music because of the injustice of having to wait an extra day... they're doing it because it's easy, free, and risk free. Why make decisions on how to spend your entertainment money, when it's easier not to?

And the clip - why not judge a 5 second clip of a song? Someone affiliated with the band posted it, if the attitude is "hey, it's just a clip that might sound shitty out of context?" well then maybe they should have posted a clip that sounded better...

To me, it definitely has two things I was really hoping it wouldn't - that stereotypical "classic rock" tone, and annoying things being shouted.

I'd say if it's about music at all, it's more relevant than at least half the posts here...

Anyways, it's indicative of how the industry STILL doesn't understand the piracy issue; people aren't downloading music because of the injustice of having to wait an extra day... they're doing it because it's easy, free, and risk free. Why make decisions on how to spend your entertainment money, when it's easier not to?

This is very true, I tend to decide whether I'll buy music these days by downloading a couple of songs and seeing if I like them. Muse is one of the only bands that I will actually go out and buy the release.

Although I suppose it's pretty tenuous in Absolution and The Resistance's case. BH+R actually states the full album title as part of Starlight's chorus but yeah... I don't think it's really indicative of much though.

yeh it was just an observation, because at first for some reason I was like 'oh saying the album name in a song that's new for them' but then I realised that it really isn't

yeh it was just an observation, because at first for some reason I was like 'oh saying the album name in a song that's new for them' but then I realised that it really isn't

Yeah, I think my personal view is that bands shouldn't try to force the album name into a song. Of course if the album name is born out of a lyric then that's a completely different consideration.

Yeah, I think my personal view is that bands shouldn't try to force the album name into a song. Of course if the album name is born out of a lyric then that's a completely different consideration.

Good thing album names barely ever come before lyrics. Can you think of an example?