Personally, I think the beginning of the riff sounds a bit like the riff from Cedarwood Road by U2, but I wouldn't for a second expect both songs to sound even remotely similar. You can't ascertain much from 5 seconds of music. What I will say is it sound pretty heavy, probably the heaviest thing they've done in a long time. Can't wait to hear more.

This

It's basically Bombtrack and Freedom by RATM

Melodically, yes, especially Bombtrack, but I can see where the AC/DC stuff is coming from - the guitar tone is fairly classic-rock. Actually sounds like the sort of stuff The Darkness is coming up with at the moment (shout/chants and all). Which is fine by me as I love Justin Hawkins and co. :D

Edited by Unidentifiable

The second riff kinda reminds me the riff in Still Of The Night by Whitesnake (without the break and the shouting).

I agree with most that the shouting is kinda cheesy, but let's hope it makes more sense in context.

Yes it does! As a big AC/DC fan this sounds nothing like them like others are saying, yes it has a classic cranked Marshall tone but it isn't AC/DC, it's more like Whitesnake, sabbath & Europe classic rock/hair metal sort of sound rather than heavy blues rock AC/DC sound. Still it's not enough for a full judgement.

I don't get this "it's not long enough to judge" argument. I judge what I hear. And what I heard was some very lame classic rock riffing.

If later on something longer pops up that's actually decent, I'll rethink my opinion.

Hardly lame and don't generalise an entire genre :mad: