Main thing is the complains I've heard are silly. You didn't say it, but some say "it's too literal". Does it really matter? I could care less as long as it looks good, and there are still different ways to interpret any cover really. I wasn't really trying to be aggressive either. I thought BHAR was also pretty solid considering it looked good and all the spacey themes of the album it encapsulated. Best thing about this artwork is the throwback to Absolution and Storm's work for that one.

The point is that's it's an infantile and overly-simple view of how the world works. I'd much rather the artworks didn't try to portray a political opinion in themselves, or if they do, I'd rather it be an intelligent one. It reminds me of some edgy, half-assed political cartoon done by an undergraduate politics student, except done by an incredibly talented artist. It looks fantastic, but thematically it's just boring and uninspired.

The point is that's it's an infantile and overly-simple view of how the world works. I'd much rather the artworks didn't try to portray a political opinion in themselves, or if they do, I'd rather it be an intelligent one. It reminds me of some edgy, half-assed political cartoon done by an undergraduate politics student, except done by an incredibly talented artist. It looks fantastic, but thematically it's just boring and uninspired.

Infantile?

You need to do some research.

"I don't agree, therefore the opinion is childish and dumb."

I'm going to preorder
what is the point of preordering generally? I know sometimes you get extra goodies but for a digital good that's not going to sell out and you can buy it on the day it's out anyway why would you buy it three months in advance?

The second part sums up how I feel, but I guess it's a bit silly to be upset about the "overly-simple" world view and politics when the point of it being "too literal" is that (according to Matt's description) the cover pic reflects the world view and politics in the album itself.

I just personally feel there isn't any real depth or subtlety to the cover, and hope that doesn't reflect in the songs.

It's not a simple world view, either, and probably accurate - it's just an overview of the problem.

Does anyone know how to access synced songs with the Deezer app? It's there, offline on my iPhone. I just can't access it with the app itself, it's still blocked in offline mode but it doesn't disappear when I disconnect from the internet. If it unlocks within a few hours without internet, it has to be available now somewhere on my phone, isn't it? :LOL:

what is the point of preordering generally? I know sometimes you get extra goodies but for a digital good that's not going to sell out and you can buy it on the day it's out anyway why would you buy it three months in advance?

To get an mp3 of Psycho legally I guess

Why not, you don't pay for it until you download it so it literally makes no difference.

I will be pre-ordering so I can hear Psycho in better quality than on R1 personally

The second part sums up how I feel, but I guess it's a bit silly to be upset about the "overly-simple" world view and politics when the point of it being "too literal" is that (according to Matt's description) the cover pic reflects the world view and politics in the album itself.

I just personally feel there isn't any real depth or subtlety to the cover, and hope that doesn't reflect in the songs.

It's not a simple world view, either, and probably accurate - it's just an overview of the problem.

I like the artwork because it's prototypical Muse but it gives me reservations because this whole album seems contrived so far. But I like the artwork. So whatever.