Still not sure what site that screengrab saying 6pm comes from.

You may be right, I copied all the text from the announcement as soon as it was on the site to send to my friend on Facebook and there is no mention of a Youtube video.

The first single from Drones, “Dead Inside,” will debut the week of 23 March. Preorder for the new album will be available tomorrow at 7:30pm GMT, along with the new song “Psycho.”

I agree. I don't really mind them if they are incorporated into the track, but to be their own track seems like a waste of space. Collateral Damage I didn't mind as much because it was more of an outro of actual music...but I don't want to hear a Drill Sergeant screaming at me unless there's something musical about it.

I also like to set my ipod to shuffle my entire music library, and it would annoy me to hear a Drill Sergeant ranting out of the blue, and out of context!

I agree. I don't really mind them if they are incorporated into the track, but to be their own track seems like a waste of space. Collateral Damage I didn't mind as much because it was more of an outro of actual music...but I don't want to hear a Drill Sergeant screaming at me unless there's something musical about it.

There's something conceptual about it, that is the point.

It's the experience of an album vs just a listing of songs.

I also like to set my ipod to shuffle my entire music library, and it would annoy me to hear a Drill Sergeant ranting out of the blue, and out of context!

You can make it so certain songs won't be used during shuffle on your ipod.

this way you get have the whole album and your issue never occurs!

I hate things like Interlude, Collateral Damage etc with a passion. Complete waste of my time. I really hope Psycho is 5:28 on its own. Even though there are 'officially' 12 songs on this album, I fully expect only 10 will find their way onto my ipod. Don't really want to hear a Drill Sargeant, or JFK for that matter.

It probably won't happen BUT I'd love to ser that [Drill Sergeant] and [JFK] aren't interludes but normal songs. Exogenesis wasn't anything like symphony. And it seems too straightforward - sergeant shouting and JFK speech. I think there's more to it.

I hate things like Interlude, Collateral Damage etc with a passion. Complete waste of my time. I really hope Psycho is 5:28 on its own. Even though there are 'officially' 12 songs on this album, I fully expect only 10 will find their way onto my ipod. Don't really want to hear a Drill Sargeant, or JFK for that matter.

I disagree . An album is not just a collection of songs. these things give life to album as an entity as they link the tracks together.

It probably won't happen BUT I'd love to ser that [Drill Sergeant] and [JFK] aren't interludes but normal songs. Exogenesis wasn't anything like symphony. And it seems too straightforward - sergeant shouting and JFK speech. I think there's more to it.
Too straightforward? Kinda like Intro, Interlude and Prelude?

Not sure what you mean with the Exogenesis thing.

Hope so, but the brackets around them in the tracklist suggests otherwise.

How can you be so sure JFK refers to the speech?

just fucking kiddin.

:LOL: