I dunno why people are kicking off about recycling old riffs. Come on, if you've come up with an amazing riff, would you want to just use it to jam out at concerts and stuff? Especially if it's been used on the likes of Liquid State, which will probably not be played live all that often?

It's not like it's the first time they've recycled bits of stuff (Citizen Erased/Resistance).

If anything, it just makes me more excited. If they're going back to this kinda heavy stuff, what's the rest of the album gonna be like? Don't get me wrong, I loved TR and T2L was pretty cool, but I've been longing for something worthy of a good ol' headbang for a while.

I think the most interesting example of saving old songs for much later is The Beatles' "One After 909." It may just be the Beatles fan in me saying this though. It was originally recorded in 1960 and eventually recorded

. "I'll Follow The Sun" was also one of Paul's first written songs from 1960.

But more on topic, I predict Psycho will get an online release on Wednesday. Seems like the mixing work that needed to be done last night may have been completed given that Matt is (apparently) headed back to London

Edited by HomesickSubterranean

I liked the snippets, just a question.

Don't you guys think it would be better if we got totally new material and not like in every song there's a riff which is overused since 1999.

Just a slight thought, altough it can be still good but I was expecting them to come up with new ideas and still be heavy as they promised.

Don't you guys think it would be better if we got totally new material and not like in every song there's a riff which is overused since 1999.

Just a slight thought, altough it can be still good but I was expecting them to come up with new ideas and still be heavy as they promised.

Maybe they wanted to use it in the past, but never really thought of a good way to do it.

As long as the songs good I don't care.

Well played mate. Interesting instrument choice :D I liked the octave changes at the last bits definetly sounded muse-ish.

Also A for Drones projection.

:)

It was cool, but right now the single is so close that I'll really only be excited about the actual full thing.

I know the feeling but then again you say so close ...

I think that the riff loses all its energy if played with a keyboard. Aside from that it was nice.

agreed. it was quicker to do it with the keytar though. was being lazy :p

Relax, it's likely 30 seconds from a 50 minute album of completely original stuff.

We've heard like 10 seconds of a song containing a riff from 1999, where are you getting this idea that the whole album is based on old riffs?

If there's another "used" riff (don't see how it's used, just because they've showed it us and we know about it as opposed to it lying around for 10 years behind the scenes), I don't mind, as long as it's Osaka Jam or something.

You always find something to whine about, aren't you? All of you.

Yeah, every single person whines about everything.

Or wait, maybe the fact that everyone is different and has different tastes means that there will always be someone who doesn't like something? Shocker, I know.