well you're just wrong. uprising held a record for weeks at #1 billboard alt, not sure if it still does. SMBH and starlight were both hits, and time is running out is widely recognizable. If you mean true POP hits, probably not, except for the brief twilight flare up. But they have had multiple hits in the "alternative" area. And like it or not, madness was a hit.

this isn't the radio or single-sales era. if you can get 20k people in a variety of cities to know the words and sing along, you've got yourself a hit.

That was Madness, with the record

Well daylight generally lasts 10 -12 hours so...

They didn't say all day + night did they

Who browses the web for 9 straight hours anyway :LOL:

ololol

This Apple idea is pretty laughable on reflection.

Can you really imagine a TV commercial for fancy watches featuring 030503 in a politicised song entitled "Psycho"?

U2 worked because they're beigerock.

Didn't the Mac Pro ad feature Supremacy? Although that seemed quite more beigerock than what Psycho should be.

What? I thought they weren't with warner anymore?
helium-3 IS warner. I don't understand their selective process of blocking videos. there are many videos with the actual songs on them with no action taken against them. but a cover is put down so quickly ...

helium-3 IS warner. I don't understand their selective process of blocking videos. there are many videos with the actual songs on them with no action taken against them. but a cover is put down so quickly ...

I think this is because the song is not released. If it is a cover of a released song it should clearly state so. If it audio of a released song, like for a slideshow or something, then the artist actually gets a very very very small royalty out of any YouTube videos featuring their song.