I know mate. Were you around when the actual incident happened? I think that was around the time T2L was released, so I'm guessing not.

Shame the thread is gone now, but maybe I can dig up some quotes from it

on topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2lscu1fRaM

Nah, I hadn't joined by then. I lurked occasionally for years before that though so might have seen it, but can't really remember. Was it general gear & tab 2 or something?

Is there a noticable sound difference between the DT and 5's octave down setting? Because I can't seem to get that nice, smooth "drop" sound when MB does the bend into the verse build up. I'm assuming the electronic synth ping you hear during the chorus is also attributed to the DT's octave down yes?

As far as I know the DT and 5 are the same on the whammy side, but the 5 has the switch for glitchyness. The drop side on the DT sounds a little bit better than the whammy side though.

Has anyone ordered tickets from Viagogo before? I got my downloadable tickets, but they have someone else's name on them (obviously as its a 3rd person seller website). Viagogo's FAQ says there will not be any issues to gain entry, but the tickets themselves say there's going to be confirmation with photo ID upon entry into the event. Just curious if anyone has ran into any issues like this before. Thanks in advance.

The 7/4 cancels out the 9/4 (if you keep the 4/4 going you'll hear it won't change - just shifts the first beat and comes back to 4/4)

right, that makes sense

Has anyone ordered tickets from Viagogo before? I got my downloadable tickets, but they have someone else's name on them (obviously as its a 3rd person seller website). Viagogo's FAQ says there will not be any issues to gain entry, but the tickets themselves say there's going to be confirmation with photo ID upon entry into the event. Just curious if anyone has ran into any issues like this before. Thanks in advance.

Nope, but if you have the tickets in hand, I can't imagine it being a problem. I would think will call tickets would be an issue though.

Also, just bought the CD with this. hour long track of #sludge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc

So i've kind of managed to replicate SS guitar sound on the album by setting bass and mids to the minimum, but live his tone sounds huge so what is Matt using +/- to get that tone?

And yeah i know he runs like 10 amps at the same time :LOL:

Corr that must sound horrible

Just have a moderately high gain amp/tone and keep plenty of mids

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So i've kind of managed to replicate SS guitar sound on the album by setting bass and mids to the minimum, but live his tone sounds huge so what is Matt using +/- to get that tone?

And yeah i know he runs like 10 amps at the same time :LOL:

He's just using a Diezel VH4 so just really crank your gain and mids, add a bit of fuzz for the main riff and the choruses and you're good to go

He's just using a Diezel VH4 so just really crank your gain and mids, add a bit of fuzz for the main riff and the choruses and you're good to go

Not strictly correct. The ALBUM version uses a mix of Marshall 1959 head and the Diezel VH4 channel three, both processed through some software (the name escapes me) which basically convolves the tone with a synth line, which gives it that slightly synthetic filtered tone.

Not strictly correct. The ALBUM version uses a mix of Marshall 1959 head and the Diezel VH4 channel three, both processed through some software (the name escapes me) which basically convolves the tone with a synth line, which gives it that slightly synthetic filtered tone.

Was he using the 1959 that far back? I thought he started using that around the time of BHAR

The orange DSL 100 can be seen in the studio videos though.

I swear I read something about the line 6 insane model being used on that track as well, but that was YEARS ago.

Was he using the 1959 that far back? I thought he started using that around the time of BHAR

The orange DSL 100 can be seen in the studio videos though.

I swear I read something about the line 6 insane model being used on that track as well, but that was YEARS ago.

Actually, it could have been the DSL, i'm not sure when he swapped it round? I thought he got that in for Absolution but it could be he changed post-album? I know the Diezel on the album was Rich Costey's or something, it wasn't actually Matt's. Rich definitely talked about him having a modified Marshall, and as far as I know Matt's DSL was stock but he modded the 1959 input stage, so maybe that's what I was thinking of?

Fuck, I've even confused myself now.

Actually, it could have been the DSL, i'm not sure when he swapped it round? I thought he got that in for Absolution but it could be he changed post-album? I know the Diezel on the album was Rich Costey's or something, it wasn't actually Matt's. Rich definitely talked about him having a modified Marshall, and as far as I know Matt's DSL was stock but he modded the 1959 input stage, so maybe that's what I was thinking of?

Fuck, I've even confused myself now.

Pretty sure he got the modded 1959 during the recording of BHAR. I think he started out with the DSL for absolution, but then switched over to the VH4 because of Rich Costey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOWbGC5-IbQ

1:35

and yeah, the DSL was stock as far as I know, except he seemed to run it at 50 watts (I think the orange ones were only sold as 100 watt models, so he pulled two of the EL34s for some reason - at least on the OOS tour)

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCD-A2qqLKA

What is that weird amp at 4:07? VH4 prototype?

There aren't a whole lot of amps in these videos. There's one other amp head which I haven't identified, and also the soldano decatone. Haven't spotted a 1959 yet.

Edited by james90

Oh I thought he wanted the live sound which I'm pretty sure he just uses the VH4 patches for these days.

EDIT: On the topic of Stockholm - I still can't believe it's been dropped when it still sounds like this