Now don't get me wrong, I've been a huge fan of Muse since I'm 12 years old (2000 when my uncle gave me Showbiz), but seeing them tonight with that setlist was a bit disappointing given the sound check had better songs. Overall they put on a fantastic show, just bummed about tonight's setlist. Tuesday was awesome and I'm hoping tomorrow night will bring some early songs like CE, Bliss, anything from the Showbiz album, and/or some B-sides. Especially since they sound checked with Assassin!

End rant.

Or a bit further north for nandos and irn bru :awesome:

Correct

I found a bottle of it at tesco in London. Had to drink the entire thing before leaving the UK though

I'm going to let the implications of the words "had to" slide on this occasion James and mark it down as a lapse of judgement.

:ohmy:

How did you do that? I tried like 5 different things but had no joy :LOL:

54671193.jpg

Now don't get me wrong, I've been a huge fan of Muse since I'm 12 years old (2000 when my uncle gave me Showbiz), but seeing them tonight with that setlist was a bit disappointing given the sound check had better songs. Overall they put on a fantastic show, just bummed about tonight's setlist. Tuesday was awesome and I'm hoping tomorrow night will bring some early songs like CE, Bliss, anything from the Showbiz album, and/or some B-sides. Especially since they sound checked with Assassin!

End rant.

They sound checked CE for both gigs that I went to recently, and neither of them had it. Apparently there was also a rumor that they were going to play it in NY (because rumors are always true - just look at what happened at the second NY show in 2013 :ninja: although I was far less optimistic about that)

At least you got those songs on Tuesday, even if the second show was average. I still enjoyed the two shows I went to, even if they were pretty much the standard rotations.

Only complaint is that I got incredibly ill afterwards. Overall, 8.53/11.

I'm going to let the implications of the words "had to" slide on this occasion James and mark it down as a lapse of judgement.

No that's not what I meant. When I said I had to drink it, I meant I wouldn't be able to if I bought it back to the U.S. with me, as they'd confiscate it.

In reality, I did finish that entire massive bottle the same day I bought it (BEFORE breakfast the next day!)

They sound checked CE for both gigs that I went to recently, and neither of them had it. Apparently there was also a rumor that they were going to play it in NY (because rumors are always true - just look at what happened at the second NY show in 2013 :ninja: although I was far less optimistic about that)

At least you got those songs on Tuesday, even if the second show was average. I still enjoyed the two shows I went to, even if they were pretty much the standard rotations.

Only complaint is that I got incredibly ill afterwards. Overall, 8.53/11.

Yea overall the shows were incredible. It's just their way to keep me going to more shows! Of course last nights show had PiB, CE and Bliss. Looks like I'm going to have to plan to go to another gig this tour hoping to see some of those songs. Well played Muse!

It's just their way to keep me going to more shows

This!

If you only go to one of two (or six..) nights, they'll play your favorite songs at the one you didn't go to.

I had to travel a bit more for the second show I went to, but if I'm honest, it was half because of different songs, and half because I wanted to see all of that old gear up close :facepalm: Took 74 pictures of that stuff, plus a video.

If you only go to one of two (or six..) nights, they'll play your favorite songs at the one you didn't go to.

I had to travel a bit more for the second show I went to, but if I'm honest, it was half because of different songs, and half because I wanted to see all of that old gear up close :facepalm: Took 74 pictures of that stuff, plus a video.

So true!

Your reasonings to go to the second show... #WorthIt IMO!

Looking at their tour dates, all of the Germany gigs are single dates (one of which is tomorrow). I'm thinking tomorrow's show won't have a unique setlist, but where has my sense of logical thinking got me so far? So maybe I should go tomorrow haha

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2016/lanxess-arena-cologne-germany-6bf08676.html

It doesn't look too different from the show on Tuesday. Would you still have gone? And what did you think of Take a Bow?

... I'm mainly asking you because I can't remember from when I saw it. I tend to forget most parts of gigs within a few days, and I know other people are like that as well.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2016/lanxess-arena-cologne-germany-6bf08676.html

It doesn't look too different from the show on Tuesday. Would you still have gone? And what did you think of Take a Bow?

... I'm mainly asking you because I can't remember from when I saw it. I tend to forget most parts of gigs within a few days, and I know other people are like that as well.

I would have liked to see PiB. I know it's their most played song, but the way Matt plays it live now during the second verse and his ending falsetto riff just takes it to another level. As for Take a Bow, I loved it! It was a great build up for an encore plus all of the visuals they used just made it that much more awesome.

Bliss still eludes me and like you, I can't seem to get lucky enough to catch CE. I got it in 2011 when they were playing it every gig and watching the YouTube video of it the last night in Paris looked amazing. The pause between the slow part right before he goes into the riff + solo was pretty cool.

I don't know if any setlist will beat the small venue Psycho tour.

I would have liked to see PiB. I know it's their most played song, but the way Matt plays it live now during the second verse and his ending falsetto riff just takes it to another level. As for Take a Bow, I loved it! It was a great build up for an encore plus all of the visuals they used just made it that much more awesome.

Bliss still eludes me and like you, I can't seem to get lucky enough to catch CE. I got it in 2011 when they were playing it every gig and watching the YouTube video of it the last night in Paris looked amazing. The pause between the slow part right before he goes into the riff + solo was pretty cool.

I don't know if any setlist will beat the small venue Psycho tour.

I think I've seen it seven times now, so not too bothered. Do you mean you've seen CE in the past? I haven't seen it once. Saw bliss twice, though seeing it for the first time is the most exciting (not going to complain that the second time was on the Psycho tour, but still)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro1B3mnx97E

That wasn't me at the beginning in case you're wondering...

but I was one of the few people in the front wearing the light up glasses. Call me a #fanboi if you will. :ninja:

I think I've seen it seven times now, so not too bothered. Do you mean you've seen CE in the past? I haven't seen it once. Saw bliss twice, though seeing it for the first time is the most exciting (not going to complain that the second time was on the Psycho tour, but still)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro1B3mnx97E

That wasn't me at the beginning in case you're wondering...

but I was one of the few people in the front wearing the light up glasses. Call me a #fanboi if you will. :ninja:

#epic #jealous

Yea I got CE once back in 2011. Sorry for the confusion.

Getting Blackout last week was great. Only thing that would have made it better is if Matt would have played the guitar. Especially with a solo like HAARP. Chris ended up playing it instead like T2L tour.

Matt also did the Hyper Music intro tease but ended up going into Uprising :( and it was cool to see him play Chopin's Nocturne in E-Flat Minor and the end of U.S. of Eurasia like the album version. It's the little things for this #fanboi :LOL:

#epic #jealous

Yea I got CE once back in 2011. Sorry for the confusion.

Getting Blackout last week was great. Only thing that would have made it better is if Matt would have played the guitar. Especially with a solo like HAARP. Chris ended up playing it instead like T2L tour.

Matt also did the Hyper Music intro tease but ended up going into Uprising :( and it was cool to see him play Chopin's Nocturne in E-Flat Minor and the end of U.S. of Eurasia like the album version. It's the little things for this #fanboi :LOL:

Well at least you actually saw it!

Yeah that was a great show for so many reasons. And yeah, I remember that from T2L. He wasn't lying on the floor again though, was he?

Not too bothered about the little things like that personally, as it's all about bragging rights now. :nerd:

I even did this the other day (according to setlist.fm anyway). It definitely could be improved though, but there are only two songs I really want to see live (and will never see live from the looks of things)

Showbiz:

Sunburn x3

Unintended x3

Origin of Symmetry:

New Born x5

Bliss x2

Plug in Baby x6

Feeling Good x6

Dead Star x2

Absolution:

Apocalypse Please x3

Time is Running Out x10

Stockholm Syndrome x6

Interlude x6

Hysteria x8

Blackout x2

Butterflies & Hurricanes x2

The Groove

Black Holes & Revelations:

Take a Bow

Starlight x10

Supermassive Black Hole x10

Map of the Problematique x7

Soldier's Poem

Invincible

City of Delusion

Hoodoo

Knights of Cydonia x10

The Resistance:

Uprising x9

Resistance x7

Undisclosed Desires x7

United States of Eurasia x5

Guiding Light x4

Unnatural Selection

MK Ultra

Exogenesis: Symphony Part 1 (Overture) x2

The 2nd Law:

Supremacy x4

Madness x7

Panic Station x4

Prelude x2

Survival x4

Follow Me x4

Animals x3

Explorers

Liquid State x4

The 2nd Law - Unsustainable x4

The 2nd Law - Isolated System x6

Drones:

Dead Inside x3

Psycho x3

Mercy x2

Reapers x3

The Handler x2

[JFK] x2

The Globalist x2

Drones x4 (?)

Misc:

Dracula Mountain x3

Helsinki Jam x2

Monty Jam x3

Munich Jam x2

Nishe x2

I think I'm at

Showbiz:

Sunburn x1

Unintended x1

Unox1

Origin of Symmetry:

Bliss x1

Plug in Baby x2

Feeling Good x1

Absolution:

Time is Running Out x2

Stockholm Syndrome x2

Interlude x2

Hysteria x2

Blackout x1

Butterflies & Hurricanes x1

The Groove x1

Starlight x2

Supermassive Black Hole x2

Map of the Problematique x2

Knights of Cydonia x2

The Resistance:

Uprising x2

Undisclosed Desires x1

Guiding Light x1

The 2nd Law:

Supremacy x1

Madness x1

Panic Station x1

Survival x1

Follow Me x1

Animals x1

Explorers x1

Liquid State x1

The 2nd Law - Unsustainable x1

The 2nd Law - Isolated System x1

Drones:

Dead Inside x1

Psycho x1

Reapers x1

Misc:

Monty Jam x1

So not too bad considering I've only seen them twice still nothing beats the songs my mate has seen in the four gigs he went too, I'll post them later just for the fun of it :)

I even did this the other day (according to setlist.fm anyway). It definitely could be improved though, but there are only two songs I really want to see live (and will never see live from the looks of things)

Showbiz:

Sunburn x3

Unintended x3

Origin of Symmetry:

New Born x5

Bliss x2

Plug in Baby x6

Feeling Good x6

Dead Star x2

Absolution:

Apocalypse Please x3

Time is Running Out x10

Stockholm Syndrome x6

Interlude x6

Hysteria x8

Blackout x2

Butterflies & Hurricanes x2

The Groove

Take a Bow

Starlight x10

Supermassive Black Hole x10

Map of the Problematique x7

Soldier's Poem

Invincible

City of Delusion

Hoodoo

Knights of Cydonia x10

The Resistance:

Uprising x9

Resistance x7

Undisclosed Desires x7

United States of Eurasia x5

Guiding Light x4

Unnatural Selection

MK Ultra

Exogenesis: Symphony Part 1 (Overture) x2

The 2nd Law:

Supremacy x4

Madness x7

Panic Station x4

Prelude x2

Survival x4

Follow Me x4

Animals x3

Explorers

Liquid State x4

The 2nd Law - Unsustainable x4

The 2nd Law - Isolated System x6

Drones:

Dead Inside x3

Psycho x3

Mercy x2

Reapers x3

The Handler x2

[JFK] x2

The Globalist x2

Drones x4 (?)

Misc:

Dracula Mountain x3

Helsinki Jam x2

Monty Jam x3

Munich Jam x2

Nishe x2

What's the other you want to see (assuming one is CE)?

Impressive list btw!

The only bit I can actually remember of TaB from the Wembley 07 show was just the massive green cube on the screen

Matt also did the Hyper Music intro tease but ended up going into Uprising :(

In Brighton he did a tease of the GOB bridge of Assassin before going into Uprising. What a cockmuffler

What's the other you want to see (assuming one is CE)?

Impressive list btw!

muscle museum :supersad: I think they've only played it once since the show in Exeter on the Psycho tour.

Yeah I guess it's not bad for someone who generally doesn't bother traveling too far for stuff like this, but I did see them as far back as 2007 (would've been 2006 in a MUCH smaller venue if I actually got tickets for that gig...)

Of course, you could count the two gigs in London, but I don't count those since the original plan was to see Mansons and to meet some of the people off here. It really was a case of "Wait, aren't Muse playing around that time? Might as well stop and see them as well!"

On that subject, have you been been lucky/cursed enough to meet anyone off here? I'm guessing you at least ran into musecasters and rust_relic a few months back

muscle museum :supersad: I think they've only played it once since the show in Exeter on the Psycho tour.

Yeah I guess it's not bad for someone who generally doesn't bother traveling too far for stuff like this, but I did see them as far back as 2007 (would've been 2006 in a MUCH smaller venue if I actually got tickets for that gig...)

Of course, you could count the two gigs in London, but I don't count those since the original plan was to see Mansons and to meet some of the people off here. It really was a case of "Wait, aren't Muse playing around that time? Might as well stop and see them as well!"

On that subject, have you been been lucky/cursed enough to meet anyone off here? I'm guessing you at least ran into musecasters and rust_relic a few months back

Muscle Museum would be great. That along with Showbiz (IMO)!

I saw them in 07 as well when they opened for My Chemical Romance. Muse was the only reason I wanted to go and would've much rather seen them headline over MCR. I had a chance to see them in Atlanta in 06, but had a gnarly stomach virus that put me in the hospital for the night instead. Would've been great to see KoC with the Space Dementia outro they were doing back then.

I'm contemplating snagging tix and heading up to London when they play in the spring. Just don't know which show(s) to pick from. I suppose that will always be the case when they play multiple nights in the same city. You got pretty solid setlist there I imagine?

Yes you're right! I met musecasters and rust_relic at the Manson Guitar Show. Still wish I would've bought rust_relic's DL-1 last year, but it was unfortunate timing with the move to Germany. Good guys those two are!

Are you planning on seeing any more shows for this tour or just going to wait for the next North America tour?

Muscle Museum would be great. That along with Showbiz (IMO)!

I saw them in 07 as well when they opened for My Chemical Romance. Muse was the only reason I wanted to go and would've much rather seen them headline over MCR. I had a chance to see them in Atlanta in 06, but had a gnarly stomach virus that put me in the hospital for the night instead. Would've been great to see KoC with the Space Dementia outro they were doing back then.

I'm contemplating snagging tix and heading up to London when they play in the spring. Just don't know which show(s) to pick from. I suppose that will always be the case when they play multiple nights in the same city. You got pretty solid setlist there I imagine?

Yes you're right! I met musecasters and rust_relic at the Manson Guitar Show. Still wish I would've bought rust_relic's DL-1 last year, but it was unfortunate timing with the move to Germany. Good guys those two are!

Are you planning on seeing any more shows for this tour or just going to wait for the next North America tour?

Yes of course, but ... muscle museum...

The question we're all dying to know is.... did you stay afterwards for MCR?

And I would do that, but the first night being subpar and the second night being above average wasn't the case with Emirates in my opinion. Actually preferred the first night. Mainly because of dead star and bliss. But yeah, both nights were really good overall.

I'm sure they'll do more at some point. And yeah, had a proper night out with the ladz last time I saw them. You're not truly in the club (shhh) until you've been to coal grill in exeter with musecasters and rust_relic

I imagine having a nando's with our own Dom would be a similar experience, but I missed him unfortunately... AGAIN

Probably not, but weirder things have happened. The two London shows were pretty last minute, so... when are the O2 shows again?

I feel so left out, Only seen them live once because I was lucky enough to win tickets :$. The only song I wish I could see a live version of is Coma but I don't think it has or will be played live.

one day I'll be able to attend each show!

Yes of course, but ... muscle museum...

The question we're all dying to know is.... did you stay afterwards for MCR?

And I would do that, but the first night being subpar and the second night being above average wasn't the case with Emirates in my opinion. Actually preferred the first night. Mainly because of dead star and bliss. But yeah, both nights were really good overall.

I'm sure they'll do more at some point. And yeah, had a proper night out with the ladz last time I saw them. You're not truly in the club (shhh) until you've been to coal grill in exeter with musecasters and rust_relic

I imagine having a nando's with our own Dom would be a similar experience, but I missed him unfortunately... AGAIN

Probably not, but weirder things have happened. The two London shows were pretty last minute, so... when are the O2 shows again?

Yes I stayed. I won tix via local radio station so that was my ride back. But I did end up snagging a sweet memento (attached below)...

Coal grill and the infamous nando's... Noted!

As for London O2 Arena, Apr 3, 11, 12, 14, 15! Shows on the 11th and 15th are showing sold out...

image.thumb.jpg.0332ffb61f5c5171c98849bd5bd8e57e.jpg

Yes I stayed. I won tix via local radio station so that was my ride back. But I did end up snagging a sweet memento (attached below)...

Coal grill and the infamous nando's... Noted!

As for London O2 Arena, Apr 3, 11, 12, 14, 15! Shows on the 11th and 15th are showing sold out...

Was that part of what you won, or did you actually meet them?

You can always have a Nando's, but there are two rules with Coal Grill.

1. It has to be with musecasters and rust_relic.

2. No vegetables on the pizza.

Does anyone else on here actually have a Kemper then? What with everyone buying Mansons I can't believe no one would splash out on a Kemper

I think rust_relic has one. The sad thing is, I have loads of profiles, but never got around to actually buying the unit... :facepalm:

Hi guys,

which compressor would you recommend to get Matt Bellamy's compressed sound ?

I already got the Hotone (didn't keep it because I didn't like the size and wasn't amazed by how it sounded) and tried the Mooer but it was very very subtle, it's designed to be an "always-on" pedal.

I want to use the compression as an effect on arpeggios or to get more sustain (I think about Animals and the slide part of The Globalist and Invincible).

Matt uses the Keeley Compressor, and the most similar compressor seems to be the MXR Dyna Comp.

(I don't have a lot of money to spend so I'm only looking for smoething "cheap" : MXR Dyna Comp, MXR Super Comp, Mooer Yellow Comp, Boss CS3, etc...)

What are your thoughts ?