Was that part of what you won, or did you actually meet them

I would have met them, but I was busy receiving my citation for under age alcohol :facepalm: I got to meet MCR after the show, but I didn't have much interest in that. The girl running the radio stuff hooked me up with the autograph album cover since I was hanging out with some cops.

I would have met them, but I was busy receiving my citation for under age alcohol :facepalm: I got to meet MCR after the show, but I didn't have much interest in that. The girl running the radio stuff hooked me up with the autograph album cover since I was hanging out with some cops.

I need to find some cops to hang out with next time.

It seems like the best bet for meeting them now is either contests (which for some reason they didn't have for the east coast shows this tour) or trying to catch them when they're entering/leaving buildings. Doesn't seem like it really works at gigs anymore since there are so many people around.

I need to find some cops to hang out with next time.

It seems like the best bet for meeting them now is either contests (which for some reason they didn't have for the east coast shows this tour) or trying to catch them when they're entering/leaving buildings. Doesn't seem like it really works at gigs anymore since there are so many people around.

Yea the only contest I remember hearing about is the sing with Muse contest for the DC show.

I tried running into them after gigs in Paris, but obviously no luck. There would have been selfies galore on IG.

Yea the only contest I remember hearing about is the sing with Muse contest for the DC show.

I tried running into them after gigs in Paris, but obviously no luck. There would have been selfies galore on IG.

Not just that, but local radio stations for nearly every west coast gig (and most of the Canadian ones) had contests for meet and greets.

And yeah, it doesn't really work with large shows like that. I don't recall anyone meeting them at the Mayan, but a handful of people met them in NYC because there's only one entrance at that venue.

The other thing is that you have to be in exactly the right place...which isn't easy if there are loads of people around. the venue actually reorganized the entire line for no real reason, and I know a few people weren't exactly happy about that.

I thought that, the original Delorean haz a block tho innit.

Script is nicer in my opinion, don't like the feedback in the block.

I recall they just wanted to find the smallest PCB possible, or something like that. Apparently it was an older one.

I do recall reading that the DL-1s have the hand wired script version though.

Also, did someone say QOTSA?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbw28bCytXY

Love that sound...wish that new cabinet would arrive for my ampeg combo. Chassis is ready to go, but I can't use it until the cabinet is here.

Does anyone around here by any chance have midi files for the synth on Bliss and the backing piano on Stockholm syndrome? Or if not, possibly where I could get them. I'm talking about the actual note information to potentially automate them. I think I could eventually get it all worked out but man that would take some time.

Does anyone around here by any chance have midi files for the synth on Bliss and the backing piano on Stockholm syndrome? Or if not, possibly where I could get them. I'm talking about the actual note information to potentially automate them. I think I could eventually get it all worked out but man that would take some time.

Usually the best way to find something like this that is already made is Check for a Guitar Pro tab someone has made for those songs. They have often made a MIDI track for the other pieces of the song as well which you could export and use however you'd like.

Actually, I'm guessing you're not referring to a specific video in particular. I thought you had the secret to Adam Jones' sound

I think you're right though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBAFwlgdyFE

Of course I'm going to link that one. You don't really need three fuzz/OD pedals, and with the money you spend on those, you could probably get the parametric filter and octave fuzz.

Not saying you have to get a carbon copy of his setup like I did though :facepalm: This sounds pretty good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHBw0-CUeBI

I recall they just wanted to find the smallest PCB possible, or something like that. Apparently it was an older one.

I do recall reading that the DL-1s have the hand wired script version though.

Also, did someone say QOTSA?

snip.

James, I need to discuss a QOTSTA toanz. Will pm you.

Not to disagree, as I'm sure I recall reading that, HOWEVER I have a picture of the phase 90 in the Delorean and you can clearly see that the board has on-board jacks, which suggest that it's a later block type pedal. The "handwired" version on the DLs is probably used more because it's easier to wire up than the versions with on-board jacks.

James, I need to discuss a QOTSTA toanz. Will pm you.

Not to disagree, as I'm sure I recall reading that, HOWEVER I have a picture of the phase 90 in the Delorean and you can clearly see that the board has on-board jacks, which suggest that it's a later block type pedal. The "handwired" version on the DLs is probably used more because it's easier to wire up than the versions with on-board jacks.

By QOTSA do you mean that other thing completely unrelated to QOTSA?

I feel dirty even talking about that.

And yeah, I'm sure I have that picture somewhere as well, and remember there was a PCB with the two black plastic jacks still mounted. Were there many differences in the block pedals throughout the years?

By QOTSA do you mean that other thing completely unrelated to QOTSA?

I feel dirty even talking about that.

And yeah, I'm sure I have that picture somewhere as well, and remember there was a PCB with the two black plastic jacks still mounted. Were there many differences in the block pedals throughout the years?

Ok, nerd alert:

The original script version of the MXR pedals used 6 single op-amps.

When Dunlop bought out MXR and re-issued the pedals, they used 3x dual-opamps for the block version. Their version of the 'Script' logo is basically the same pedal, without the R28 feedback resistor. There are some minor differences between the schems, however the use of dual op-amps as opposed to the single op-amps of the original does mean that the original sounds different (not necessarily better).

All of this is a roundabout way of saying that the difference between the two versions of the Phase 90 that Matt may have in his guitar amount to one resistor. My instinct is that he had a bog standard, block logo current production MXR pedal in there, as i'm not sure that Dunlop/MXR had at that point re-issued their 'script' logo version.

Personally, the one I built for my Delorean (still unfinished) is based on the script schem using dual opamps (TL062 as per mid-90's MXR's) and draws <2mA, to save on batteries.

EDIT: By QOTSTA I mean, QOTSTA not #thatotherthing, that's a whole nother PM

Ok, nerd alert:

The original script version of the MXR pedals used 6 single op-amps.

When Dunlop bought out MXR and re-issued the pedals, they used 3x dual-opamps for the block version. Their version of the 'Script' logo is basically the same pedal, without the R28 feedback resistor. There are some minor differences between the schems, however the use of dual op-amps as opposed to the single op-amps of the original does mean that the original sounds different (not necessarily better).

All of this is a roundabout way of saying that the difference between the two versions of the Phase 90 that Matt may have in his guitar amount to one resistor. My instinct is that he had a bog standard, block logo current production MXR pedal in there, as i'm not sure that Dunlop/MXR had at that point re-issued their 'script' logo version.

Personally, the one I built for my Delorean (still unfinished) is based on the script schem using dual opamps (TL062 as per mid-90's MXR's) and draws <2mA, to save on batteries.

EDIT: By QOTSTA I mean, QOTSTA not #thatotherthing, that's a whole nother PM

Yeah I think the hand wired/custom shop/TGP approved script logo one was a bit more recent. Are you going to get a block logo from mid 2000 for your delorean? :ninja:

Exciting. I made a tracing of the ultra GP for this guy on instagram, but I don't think he's going to get very far with it, considering the amount of details it has :$

still would be a bit more accurate than the eastwood version though

:facepalm:

Yeah I think the hand wired/custom shop/TGP approved script logo one was a bit more recent. Are you going to get a block logo from mid 2000 for your delorean? :ninja:

Exciting. I made a tracing of the ultra GP for this guy on instagram, but I don't think he's going to get very far with it, considering the amount of details it has :$

still would be a bit more accurate than the eastwood version though

I wasn't planning to, but now I might have to :facepalm: The original plan was to build everything myself, I went to quite a few lengths to make 'the best' Phase 90 I could.

Now what :unsure:

Yeah it's broken.

The most likely culprit would be stress to the PCB from repeated stomping and plugging then unplugging jacks. Since the switch, pot and jacks are all board mounted, they all stress the pcb where they're soldered in. My guess is that one or more solder point has fractured, and/or one of the solder tracks is cracked causing an intermittent connection. It could be a failed switch, but mechanical damage is more likely.

Open it up and look for damage, maybe reflow the solder tracks.

Or sell it to me for my project. :ninja:

Guessing the EVH pedal just takes that resistor in and out of the circuit then?

What's the difference between the script logo phase 90 with the led and the one with no led? Apart from about £30. I've got the script led one cause it sounded less wooshy in demo videos.

Guessing the EVH pedal just takes that resistor in and out of the circuit then?

What's the difference between the script logo phase 90 with the led and the one with no led? Apart from about £30. I've got the script led one cause it sounded less wooshy in demo videos.

Yes, the EVH switch just turns R28 on and off.

I'd have to check, but i'm guessing it's not true bypass, as the manual says its original 1975 spec (probably isn't), whereas the regular block with LED mentions true bypass.

If anyone bumps into Matt Bellorz can they ask him/kidnap and blackmail him into sharing kemper profiles?

We're waiting for him to send it back as an attachment for the Q&A, but the mods he seems to have dropped the ball again