Forgot to ask this before, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQIVBKaIW5k

would the settings on his axe FX/kemper/whatever be causing that feedback at the beginning?

I don't think it was the guitar, because he was using a different one a couple nights after and it was doing the same thing. maybe it was to give a more pronounced effect when he's breaking stuff, sort of like the collapsable guitar from a few years back? :nerd:

Whatever it is, it sounds damn sexy and builds up the tension to that sick pick slide up the strings nicely.

It's also actually the same feedback sound that spilled over from a lot of the first performances of reapers. It was more pronounced during the choruses.

prime example

Forgot to ask this before, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQIVBKaIW5k

would the settings on his axe FX/kemper/whatever be causing that feedback at the beginning?

I don't think it was the guitar, because he was using a different one a couple nights after and it was doing the same thing. maybe it was to give a more pronounced effect when he's breaking stuff, sort of like the collapsable guitar from a few years back? :nerd:

Yeah he's probably just got far too much gain on the preset. He'd have lightly played the string and then just let it hum

Eh, I'm wondering if I could turn it into a 2 way ON-OFF kill switch. Seems much more useful

Yeah it might be tbh, I have lots of use for a on/off switch but switches tend to break with the amount and strength of which i use them for staccato stuff :LOL: for now I just have a mute on a pedal in my chain instead.

tho I don't think it'd be hard to turn it into a switch if you found one of equal size or didnt mind routing :)

EDIT: I meant have, it's been a long day

Yeah it might be tbh, I have lots of use for a on/off switch but switches tend to break with the amount and strength of which i use them for staccato stuff :LOL: for now I just have a mute on a pedal in my chain instead.

tho I don't think it'd be hard to turn it into a switch if you found one of equal size or didnt mind routing :)

EDIT: I meant have, it's been a long day

Haha, I never do staccato, ever, so like heyjackk said, I would benefit more from a switch, being able to cut the signal off.

Btw, the aluminum knobs are starting to corrode. Welp, time to anodize them I suppose

Edited by Cider

Btw, the aluminum knobs are starting to corrode. Welp, time to anodize them I suppose

Already? I've never used or had them so i dont know if thats normal or not. The only thing wrong with my MBC at the moment is that sometimes if I bump the volume pot slightly the sound cuts off completely...just gotta open her up and see if its faulty soldering but I've been too lazy.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Why have I never heard this performance of SMBH before. Holy shite the effects on here are ridiculously amazing. Especially when that synthy effect takes over at 43 seconds in. The chorus synth effect is also a LOT more dominant than most other recordings :awesome:

Apparently this is the first SMBH with the new axe fx settings so Jack I'll worship you even more if you manage to nail some of these as well :LOL:

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Why have I never heard this performance of SMBH before. Holy shite the effects on here are ridiculously amazing. Especially when that synthy effect takes over at 43 seconds in. The chorus synth effect is also a LOT more dominant than most other recordings :awesome:

Apparently this is the first SMBH with the new axe fx settings so Jack I'll worship you even more if you manage to nail some of these as well :LOL:

I've actually already practically nailed this one previously! Love it as well.

Fuzz, phaser, octave down on the whammy DT. I'll upload a sound clip soon!

EDIT: By soon I mean in the coming days because my definition of soon is rubbish :LOL:

Already? I've never used or had them so i dont know if thats normal or not. The only thing wrong with my MBC at the moment is that sometimes if I bump the volume pot slightly the sound cuts off completely...just gotta open her up and see if its faulty soldering but I've been too lazy.

Yeah, I do have gross greasy acidic sweats though, strings corrode super fast for me. :$

I'm gonna strip the electronics down soon and install some CTS pots, Orange drop caps and good pickups. Fgured if I can't afford a Manson might as well pimp the Cort for now :p

I do wish the neck was less heavily lacquered though :$

Yeah, I do have gross greasy acidic sweats though, strings corrode super fast for me. :$

I'm gonna strip the electronics down soon and install some CTS pots, Orange drop caps and good pickups. Fgured if I can't afford a Manson might as well pimp the Cort for now :p

I do wish the neck was less heavily lacquered though :$

I have bad sweat too, hence why I use Elixirs religiously except on my 7.

and yeah I think I might get some new pots and capacitors as well, I feel like it'd do some god. Maybe an excuse to buy the version of the sustainer that changes pots? :LOL:

I was thinking about sanding the lacquer down to be honest as well.

oh :( one day I'll own one. Maybe I can just somehow make the Mastotron filter give it a synthy sound or something....

The synth preset is really tough to control. Matt's got his set very tight but I can't seem to get mine to do that when using the Octave effect with it as well, it tends to give off a lot of random squeals. Back to the tweaking board i suppose!

I have bad sweat too, hence why I use Elixirs religiously except on my 7.

and yeah I think I might get some new pots and capacitors as well, I feel like it'd do some god. Maybe an excuse to buy the version of the sustainer that changes pots? :LOL:

I was thinking about sanding the lacquer down to be honest as well.

I don't see why not. You should mod it to your preference, not Matt's :p

I'm getting a BKP Trilogy Suite neck on mine. Pretty stoked for that - I'll have much more use out of it than a sustainer right now :D

The synth preset is really tough to control. Matt's got his set very tight but I can't seem to get mine to do that when using the Octave effect with it as well, it tends to give off a lot of random squeals. Back to the tweaking board i suppose!

Does it sound really glitchy? I got close-ish to that sound with a fuzz factory, phase 90 and OC-3 lump of coal, but it sounds a bit all over the place.

Does it sound really glitchy? I got close-ish to that sound with a fuzz factory, phase 90 and OC-3 lump of coal, but it sounds a bit all over the place.

Yeah. It's not so bad without the DT Octave down effect on it but when I put the octave effect on it it glitches like a mother fucker when sliding from the F to the Bb on the low D string. It sounds great when it works but I need to try and refine it a little tighter to get rid of the glitches.

Yeah. It's not so bad without the DT Octave down effect on it but when I put the octave effect on it it glitches like a mother fucker when sliding from the F to the Bb on the low D string. It sounds great when it works but I need to try and refine it a little tighter to get rid of the glitches.

I got close to the tone with a patch on my pod, I just have a synth string effect on without an octaver though, because the synth effect itself already gives it a -1 octave harmony.

It doesnt sound as heavy as what matt has though :(

Are you using the pitch block in the axe to get the octave down? If so, don't do that haha. The synth block allows you to have 3 voices. Use 1 voice and leave the pitch alone. Use a 2nd voice and drop that an octave down. I actually posted a little further back in the thread about this exact thing.

Are you using the pitch block in the axe to get the octave down? If so, don't do that haha. The synth block allows you to have 3 voices. Use 1 voice and leave the pitch alone. Use a 2nd voice and drop that an octave down. I actually posted a little further back in the thread about this exact thing.

Nah I've been using the synth just as a synth effect with one voice and then using my whammy DT to lower the octave. Will try your idea today as that would actually make sense. I tried using 3 voices - 2 in normal pitch and one in a -1 octave but it ended up making the octave sound too muddy so hopefully yours sounds a little bit better!

While I was at it I managed to finally get that cool synth/pitch shifted clean tone matt had at the start of Uprising for last tour and when he was playing the guitar parts this tour :p

While I was at it I managed to finally get that cool synth/pitch shifted clean tone matt had at the start of Uprising for last tour and when he was playing the guitar parts this tour :p

It's just whammy up 2 octaves with a bit of reverb and delay innit?