@jbias12

That moment when someone with a blue tick follows you on instagram. I have no idea who he is, but I haven't felt this successful since that video I made with the MB-1 :chuckle:

I really should follow more people back. I think there are a few people on here that I haven't followed yet, but I don't know what your usernames are. I think GarJov is one of them?

Most likely me although my Instagram is predominantly photography related, but I do check out everyone's Manson related gear. Does Dean Allason (???) Post on here?

James90,

Random, but I just picked up a 15w Marshall amp to get me through the next year or two while I'm living in Europe. I've lived here almost a year and haven't plugged a single guitar into an amp bc my rig is American voltage and I don't want to run 2 or 3 power converters to jack up my electric bill. Hints why I'm the only one on the planet yet to post a Psycho riff on social media. I figured I needed to pick something up to get to playing again. So yeah, Psycho riff to follow for James90.

Most likely me although my Instagram is predominantly photography related, but I do check out everyone's Manson related gear. Does Dean Allason (???) Post on here?

Nah but he has an account. He was one of the guys I met the other day, and I got to see his newly acquired MA-2

James90,

Random, but I just picked up a 15w Marshall amp to get me through the next year or two while I'm living in Europe. I've lived here almost a year and haven't plugged a single guitar into an amp bc my rig is American voltage and I don't want to run 2 or 3 power converters to jack up my electric bill. Hints why I'm the only one on the planet yet to post a Psycho riff on social media. I figured I needed to pick something up to get to playing again. So yeah, Psycho riff to follow for James90.

Nice :awesome:

Hmm forgot about the back issue.

Fair enough. It's my personal preference - I just do not like the sound of 98% of Strats I've heard. I'd rather Matt play the slide on the Manson 7 even if it didn't sound quite as good just so the heavy section could sound even more beefy.

Do you agree that it'd sound heavier with the 7 string? I'm sure it's just the settings Matt's using that might make the Globalist sound 'thin' live. (I don't agree)

Do you agree that it'd sound heavier with the 7 string? I'm sure it's just the settings Matt's using that might make the Globalist sound 'thin' live. (I don't agree)

I thought it sounded pretty :srsb33f: live.

It does sound a bit different though. Not just because of the single coils, but I think because he's playing it on the 5th string, going through something to drop it an octave.

Once Chris gets going, you can barely hear the guitar anyway to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a57h9TNQHF0

The guitar on its own would sound better on the 7 string in my opinion, but it might be a conscious decision to not cross over too much into the sound of the bass or something, and with them both going together, it probably doesn't make much difference.

yeah, i recall the neck joint on one was a little different (referring to the rack picture)

speaking of strats, here it is. Jaicen approved, or is it too far away from your favorite target burst strats?

53FRlmG.jpg

the 10-56 neck shape is lovely anyway

yeah, i recall the neck joint on one was a little different (referring to the rack picture)

speaking of strats, here it is. Jaicen approved, or is it too far away from your favorite target burst strats?

53FRlmG.jpg

the 10-56 neck shape is lovely anyway

I approve! Is that Koa?

Love the 10:56 neck, and the flame body but it's a bit ostentatious for Jaicen. I prefer my strata understated, like my '57 reissue FotoFlame :facepalm:

I approve! Is that Koa?

Love the 10:56 neck, and the flame body but it's a bit ostentatious for Jaicen. I prefer my strata understated, like my '57 reissue FotoFlame :facepalm:

what colour is your fotoflame strat?

And nah, apparently the body is roasted butternut, and the top is claro walnut.

I've not plugged it in yet, but I tried it through an 80s JCM at the shop. Sounded great, especially the neck pickup.

It's red burst? Something. I don't know it's a plum burst over a dark red. I've had it since '93, it's a '91 Jap reissue. It's plays nicer than any stray I've played except for the '56 I'm pining for :(

The finish has the dreaded cracking too :'(

It's red burst? Something. I don't know it's a plum burst over a dark red. I've had it since '93, it's a '91 Jap reissue. It's plays nicer than any stray I've played except for the '56 I'm pining for :(

The finish has the dreaded cracking too :'(

You were ten when you got that guitar? Was it your first one?

I don't have my first guitar anymore. It was a korean strat copy I got when I was around 11, and I think I traded it for something slightly better a few years later. Probably a mistake.

The thing I've had the longest at this point is an Orange head I got when I was 16. Nothing special about it, but it's a good sounding amp, and I know they discontinued them a few years ago.

And are you referring to a '56 in particular?

You were ten when you got that guitar? Was it your first one?

I don't have my first guitar anymore. It was a korean strat copy I got when I was around 11, and I think I traded it for something slightly better a few years later. Probably a mistake.

The thing I've had the longest at this point is an Orange head I got when I was 16. Nothing special about it, but it's a good sounding amp, and I know they discontinued them a few years ago.

And are you referring to a '56 in particular?

Actually it may have been a bit later, it was definitely no later than 1995.

It was my second guitar, the first was a DAKOTA RED Encore strat copy with enormous frets. I still have it.

It was my second guitar, the first was a DAKOTA RED Encore strat copy with enormous frets. I still have it.

Heh I barely remember anything about mine besides how it looked. Metallic blue, white pearloid scratch plate, and maple fretboard. Can't remember the brand though, but it had two names on the headstock... not like squier by fender, but it must have been a design by one brand made by another... I think, sort of.

Specifically this '56: http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/fender_custom_shop_56_stratocaster_heavy_relic_2_tone_sunburst-r83564.asp

It's a bit ugly in terms of the relic job, but it plays beautifully, best Strat I've played by far, and is reasonably light weight. I really want this, but I can't justify the price.

Oh I thought you meant a proper '56

Did you play that exact one? The one I just got is really lightweight. I just plugged it in to my own amps and I do think it sounds noticeably better than any other strat I've owned. I don't know if custom shop is REALLY worth it unless you want something really unusual/different like this though... I wouldn't get a relic one personally, but I don't know.

Oh and also, having a good play with that shadow guitar. It's definitely quite a bit better than the londaxe, but there are still so many things that don't make any sense...

I think the dual rails bridge pickup is actually a single coil. It has the same background hum as the neck single coil, and I did check and there are only two conductors, so definitely not a hot rails type pickup.

Yes, that exact guitar. It's been in the shop a while, probably because it looks fucked.

Its incredible though, not the lightest CS I've played, but certainly the nicest. I'd only buy CS now, the difference is worth it to me.

Yes, that exact guitar. It's been in the shop a while, probably because it looks fucked.

Its incredible though, not the lightest CS I've played, but certainly the nicest. I'd only buy CS now, the difference is worth it to me.

Not authentic enough?

I don't know. If I was going to spend that much on a Fender, I'd want something unique/unusual, or an old one. I can't see myself spending loads extra to have a relic'd new guitar.

But yeah, there is a bit of a difference I guess. I'll stick to the Mansons though... speaking of which... it's almost that time again :ninja:

I've still got my first guitar too. An Epiphone Les Paul junior is the best thing ever when you're 11 and obsessed with Green Day.

But yeah, there is a bit of a difference I guess. I'll stick to the Mansons though... speaking of which... it's almost that time again :ninja:

That group shot will need to taken from space (if any camera can handle that much Manson).

I wonder if his Strats have aluminum bodies, since I don't think it's possible to do a thin sheet of aluminum plating (not sure if the right technical term) for the curves

How's your Warmoth Strat going James? Got the parts yet?

I've still got my first guitar too. An Epiphone Les Paul junior is the best thing ever when you're 11 and obsessed with Green Day.

I can't remember why I chose the one I did. All I remember is that they had the same guitar in other colors.

I remember they had this tobacco burst peavey wolfgang that I really wanted. It was really overpriced though, but then everything in that shop was.

How's your Warmoth Strat going James? Got the parts yet?

Got pretty much everything besides the body and neck