I found this guy, who seems to be selling MBC-1s with upgrades...

http://steelcustomguitars.co.uk/Modified_Guitars/cat1479220_1338576.aspx

His photos made me realize that I never noticed the Sustainiac's switches are silver instead of the Fernandes' black. Definitely prefer the latter's overall look, but I guess form over function is a good mindset.

He's been doing this for years, he used to make Manson copies and mod Telecasters. He also sells control knobs which I where I get mine from, much cheaper than MGW.

He's been doing this for years, he used to make Manson copies and mod Telecasters. He also sells control knobs which I where I get mine from, much cheaper than MGW.

his Manson copies actually look amazing, might have to buy some control knobs from him as well for my MA

Are they decent enough copies?

He does machine head knobs too for the MBC, nice

Yeah it does, and as far as I know, that's correct about the sustainiac. Generally I just replace the battery when the sustain effect weakens.

As far as I know, the bridge pickup should still work fine when the Sustainiac battery dies. With the Fernandes, the whole guitar stops working though. Battery use definitely depends how much you use them anyway. My custom still has the original batteries in from when I got it in September or October or whatever, because I don't use the sustainer that much. MB-1, I use it extensively though, so having the midi power on that is essential really.

Just finalized most of my upgrades, decided to go with the Sustainiac. Also I asked Adrian if I could get some of the stock pieces of hardware like the Tune-O-Matic bridge and the upgraded aluminum knobs I chose blackened like Matt's black stealth Manson:

http://www.musewiki.org/images/Manson_Matt_Black_Stealth.jpg

I hope I can do this, it would be sick if so. :D

Does anyone have experience having a Sustainiac installed by Maniac Music (the company that makes the thing) directly? I'm seriously considering buying an MBC-1 from a Cort dealer and then having them do the install... would save me hundreds compared to Mansons, due to currency exchange and import fees. Would anyone caution against this or have any other recommendations?

So turns out I won't be able to get the hardware black but I'll be able to get black custom knobs! I'm getting pretty excited right about now for this guitar :D

When is yours being built? Did Adrian say how long it would take?

They said mine was being built this week, but I forgot to ask. I have opted for sustainiac + custom vol/tone knobs, custom machineheads.

When is yours being built? Did Adrian say how long it would take?

They said mine was being built this week, but I forgot to ask. I have opted for sustainiac + custom vol/tone knobs, custom machineheads.

Nice, nice! He hasn't given me an estimate yet for shipping or anything but it seems like my shipment is part of the June/July batch, so I'm guessing I'll receive it about a week or two after they do, hopefully no later than late July but I'll give updates here as I get them. I opted for the black cover w/logo MBK-2 pickup upgrade + Sustainiac + black custom vol/tone knobs + black Schaller locks.

Two quick questions for those far knowledgeable than I, as I'm looking to have a Sustainiac installed in an MBC-1.

- Will I need to enlarge the existing cavity to fit the Sustainiac board? What does Manson's do?

- Where does the battery go? Should I be looking at installing one of those quick-access battery cases?

Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace a bridge? Since I can't get a black version of the Tune-O-Matic bridge through Manson's I'm thinking about just ordering one myself and replacing it. Is it something a noob would be able to do himself or should I take the guitar somewhere to have it replaced with the new bridge?

Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace a bridge? Since I can't get a black version of the Tune-O-Matic bridge through Manson's I'm thinking about just ordering one myself and replacing it. Is it something a noob would be able to do himself or should I take the guitar somewhere to have it replaced with the new bridge?

It's easy to do if the sizes are all correct. If you're putting a Gotoh one in you might need to replace the body inserts but it shouldn't be too difficult to get the old ones out if you need to.

It's easy to do if the sizes are all correct. If you're putting a Gotoh one in you might need to replace the body inserts but it shouldn't be too difficult to get the old ones out if you need to.

Thanks for the advice! I ended up deciding to have Mansons just stealth it out for me. This is going to be one sick looking guitar by the time it gets to my hands :D I can't wait to post photos! And of course receive it...