Never been a big fan of SMBH in general, but this performance kicks seriously ass and is miles ahead of the other recordings.

The guitar tone at 0:56 is just ... :facemelt: Really missed that crunchy tone during this tour!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFq0-eGOOlA

Agreed, SMBH has taken a small step back this tour. Still good though.

The one they played at that incredibly small venue for KROQ this year is still the best Supermassive ever though. All those improvs

I find it impossible to have a favourite SMBH performance. It's a great and catchy track for me, and I enjoy it live, but it really doesn't...have any individual qualities for me that stands out on specific performances, aside from Matt screaming and very occasionally some improvs.

Other than that it feels pretty much the same to me every time. I know that the guitar sounds vastly different at times but it still doesn't change anything for me.

The early versions of SMBH are best imo, but as you say, all post-2007 performances are pretty much similar vocally, only with some differences in tones and improvisations. I do have to disagree with those saying SMBH is worse this tour, I feel it's the opposite. Particularly the bass tone is so beefy this tour <3

Matt actually doing the chest voice the song builds toward?

Ooooh. I kept thinking it was something about atmosphere, or backing vocals not making me cringe. Something else, y'know.

EDIT: I mean, really, it never occured to me it was good because he didn't dodge the note, although I did notice that detail.

Ooooh. I kept thinking it was something about atmosphere, or backing vocals not making me cringe. Something else, y'know.

EDIT: I mean, really, it never occured to me it was good because he didn't dodge the note, although I did notice that detail.

Lol thats just my one major gripe with the song, same as Madness. Obviously Glasto's gonna have an atmosphere that even Resistance cant single-handedly squash and the guitar was sounding pretty sweet too.

Best performance of Stockholm Syndrome:

Perth, Bassendean Oval 19th December 2010

They played the song amazingly, had over 5 minutes of extra riffs including Agitated, Township rebellion, killing in the name of, negative creep and war within a breath. Then to finish Matt smashed the life out of his guitar and Doms drums, whilst throwing his guitar at him.

It was the greatest moment of my life!

Here's the best video I could find:

• 2 weeks later...