SerpentDiaboli

Live at Gran Rex 2008 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

So this and Shepherd's Bush make for a nice duo of non-stadium/festival BH&R recordings. I just wish there was an arena gig recording. Same with one for the Abso tour.

I just wish there was an arena gig recording. Same with one for the Abso tour.

If i'm not mistaken, Wembley Arena was filmed, too, like Earl's Court.

If he doesn't go back to playing this song properly next tour I sincerely hopes somebody smashes him over the head with his guitar.

Why do you say he didn't play it properly this tour?

It isn't amazing in of itself. I suspect that the gig seems amazing because it's unseen footage of the band playing the songs that everyone loves. Because it's unseen, it's like Muse have gone back to their roots for a new gig, which is what everybody wants.

EDIT: Plus, they played Fury! :melt:

If i'm not mistaken, Wembley Arena was filmed, too, like Earl's Court.

I'm sure they have a lot of recordings.

I'm sure they have a lot of recordings.

No, i mean, recorded to release it. It was filmed in 16:9 and with a lot of angles, and not sure, but at that point HAARP gigs were not in schedule, so three nights at Wembley Arena were the best option for a live release.

Why do you say he didn't play it properly this tour?

Lack of piano intro, slower (on the arena leg at least) and just generally doesn't have the same energy that the 08' version has. Sure T2L New born > TR New Born, but it still doesn't have anything on this version.

The last truly great New Born was Reading 2011.

While this bootleg is mainly great, it's a shame the bass is a bit lost in the mix. That's true of quite a lot of BH&R era recordings, tbh.

Fury sounds magnificent though.

EDIT: just realised the BH&R tour spawned three Fury pro-shots now! Sydney 2007, RAH 2008 and Gran Rex 2008. Neat.

The recording sounded very straightforward and untampered so it's probably just the poor tones of the era coming through. Matt's guitar is so shrill during the Starlight verse.

Mebbe.

Both Matt and especially Chris really sorted their tones after the BH&R tour which were pants throughout really. I can't bring myself to listen to some of the 2006 ones like Reading because they sound so horrendous at times.

The M1D1 never ever sounded beefy which was a shame. New Born at Reading 2006 is a great example. Absolutely no power at all, same goes for Bliss from that gig.

Painful.

Now Chris' bass sounds absolutely monstrous. It's awesome :awesome:.

Really Reading was an all around terrible mix. The sudden volume jumps in KoC and TaB were lol worthy.

Yeah, their tones dovetail well now. Hyper Music at Reading is a great example. Chris can really bring the dirty, growling beef now so Matt can sort out the topping.

Any good examples of Chris's tone sounding great though? I really found it lacking last few years :( Too over processed for some reason.