Live at Gran Rex 2008 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

SerpentDiaboli

Yeah I did realise I wouldn't get much sympathy from US YouTubers, with that post...

But I definitely feel your pain, now :/

Ugh, if Warner still own rights to Muse's back catalogue while being butthurt that they haven't renewed their contract, it doesn't bode well for the future.

I mostly meant it tongue in cheek, but from what I remember, Warner has never really endorsed, nor commented on any fan 'campaigns' before. The fact that they claim to be supportive of this petition, when they know pertinently well that the band won't do a 20th anniversary tour seems to me to be an attempt to look like the good guys while going against the interests of Muse; as this coincides with a time when Muse seems to want to drop Warner, I'd say the tweet is passive aggressive :)

I sometimes wonder if we're being too harsh with Warner... I mean, let's not forget all these amazing Twitter competitions they ran where the top prize was a copy of T2L. Clearly, they care about the fans.

A few twitter competitions vs. constant brutal takedowns, prevention of almost all Muse videos in the US, generally being dicks with every band under their label, constnatly pushing for expanding copyright to further fuck with everyone even more for their own gain.

I think I'll keep disliking them.

EDIT: Noticed that was sarcasm. Oh well, my point still stands.

I mostly meant it tongue in cheek, but from what I remember, Warner has never really endorsed, nor commented on any fan 'campaigns' before. The fact that they claim to be supportive of this petition, when they know pertinently well that the band won't do a 20th anniversary tour seems to me to be an attempt to look like the good guys while going against the interests of Muse; as this coincides with a time when Muse seems to want to drop Warner, I'd say the tweet is passive aggressive :)

lolwut

How dare a record label, which owns the rights to Muse's music act in such a way as to protect its property?

I mean, what utter UTTER bastards.

Ahem.

Uh, they ARE a terrible label, because they are inclined to resist any change of the music industry.

Removing youtube videos DOES make them a terrible label.

I never really understood how YouTube videos of live gigs and TV performances hurt bands or their labels, in the slightest.

I DO get taking down actual releases, and am just fine with that.

Deleting live shows that people will never otherwise get a chance to see, or TV programs they want to see again (or couldn't see in their country) is a huge dick move.

In fact, my interest in a band could wane during downtime if there's nothing that I can go look up and watch.

Funny just seeing these posts now about audio being removed from youtube. It was one year ago that they busted out Micro Cuts in Montreal, and I wanted to watch a youtube video just to kinda flashback, and all the audio has been removed from all the full length videos of that performance. It's upsetting.