NME Awards 2014

TheMuseSmurf

30 Seconds To Mars as "Worst Band" is great as well...:rolleyes:

To be fair, they'e shit.

I'm surprised to see Muse up for worst band. Granted, T2L wasn't that great (is that even a valid factor considering it was released in 2012?) but the tour was pretty good if you can cut through some of the fat/cheese. Good to see that even NME recognises that The 1975 are utter wank though.

Just seen Alex Turner nominated for Hero of the Year. Just why :LOL:

I'm getting a little bit tired of all of this Arctic Monkeys arse-kissing from NME; it reminds me a bit of their Strokes obsession in 2000. Not sure their (admittedly quite good) headline set at Glasto was a genuine Musical Moment of the Year or whatever they call it, and I don't get why AT is up for hero of the year. The album was good and Do I Wanna Know is a great song but I think they overhyped and overrated AM a bit - it's not a classic. I still think they'll win both best band and best album though; both those categories are the weakest I've seen in a while.

Don't even get me started on the Muse nominations though. Most of them make no sense.

no, but would probably make them more self conscious, which I think would be good thing (my opinion), since the votes are being cast by a large mass of music fans from all over the world.

Forget the fact that a notable amount of people vote sarcastically.

Aren't there supposed to be sexiest male and female categories in this thing?

no, but would probably make them more self conscious, which I think would be good thing (my opinion), since the votes are being cast by a large mass of music fans from all over the world.

The band are used to people disliking them though, they've said quite a few times that they understand that they can be quite polarising. If anything, getting nominated for an award for it will probably make them think they're doing something right.

What a shitty NME awards. Of course...Muse being up for worst band is...well...yeah... :eek: and NME have been OBSESSED with the Arctic Monkeys ever since the AM album, which they gave a 10/10. The first three singles from AM plus Arabella are all incredible songs, but the rest kinda not so much, there are some fillers on there, and a lot of it sounds the same. I am not just saying this because Muse is my favourite band, I am saying it because it is true, (in my opinion xD) but I think The 2nd Law was a better album. In my book, T2L gets an 8 (which is what NME rated it) and AM gets 7. But anyways, NME should stop kissing the Arctic Monkeys' ass, it's getting annoying, even though the Arctic Monkeys do deserve nominations...they're very good.

Edited by canuckmuser14