NME Awards 2014

TheMuseSmurf

no Simon Neil for hero of the year... :noey:

Why would he be? :LOL:

Disappointing, as ever. I must say, I'm a bit surprised to see Muse nominated for worst band. It made sense after T2L due to the backlash from Survival and Madness, but I would've thought that after such a successful world tour that they might have returned to people's good graces a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I swear seeing something just after I joined the boards saying that fans on the Arctic Monkeys board wanted to spam the Muse.mu boards with "Muse are shit" messages only to abort it as most the stuff on here was of that variety. :chuckle:

If what I heard was right they went into Banter.

Best live band and Album of the year.

If they don't win Best Band as well I will be surprised, given the worship. In fact I'm surprised White Noise beat Do I Wanna Know as that was one of the few I think they deserved. :chuckle:

Best live band is something I'm alright with - while I think it shoulda gone to Biffy Clyro, I'm fine with that award. But best album... not so much. I mean, AM is a good album, but it seems to have been exaggerated into a magnum opus of sorts.

I still don't see your point.

I think his point were that Biffy are a better live act than AM.

I saw both last year and had great fun at both, even if the sound at AM's gig was dreadful.

EDIT: I knew AM would win. Feels slightly weird I voted for different bands in the three AM won, and voted for AM in Best Video and Best Track. Which shows I am shit at predicting these things. :LOL:

Edited by forevermusic