NME Awards 2014

TheMuseSmurf

I think his point were that Biffy are a better live act than AM.

I saw both last year and had great fun at both, even if the sound at AM's gig was dreadful.

EDIT: I knew AM would win. Feels slightly weird I voted for different bands in the three AM won, and voted for AM in Best Video and Best Track. Which shows I am shit at predicting these things. :LOL:

It was more like, if NME would suck up enough to give them the biggest award anything else shouldn't be a surprise.

Worst Band: The 1975

Interesting choice, that one.

Wow, I figured they'd be a band NME would arse-lick tbh. Glad they won it though, can't stand them.

As much as I expected plenty of AM rimming (as I'm sure pretty much everyone did), I agree with Fabri that giving them best live band is a bit silly. Compared to bands like Biffy (whose albums I don't really like but are undeniably fantastic live) or even Muse, AM look dull live.

Wow, I figured they'd be a band NME would arse-lick tbh. Glad they won it though, can't stand them.

I thought they would as well. The only review I could find went like this:

Where have Fall Out Boy been during their three-year hiatus? Because it sounds like they’ve been passing tips to Manchester four-piece The 1975. Despite its gangster storyline this is like the Illinois emos on a Thomas Cook package holiday, all glossy production and cheery tropical guitar licks. Avoid.

Well, whatever that means. I think "Avoid" is probably enough.