Interview with Matt on The Sun

Bells

Yes, there's a lot of personal stuff which I'll skip for obvious reasons to focus on the interesting things he says concerning the band.

“You have to take it in turns to do certain things.”

Arsenal’s ground The Emirates is fast becoming a rival to Wembley Stadium, where Muse have played twice, for huge outdoor gigs.

Last summer Coldplay sold out a series of shows at The Emirates, with Muse taking the baton on this weekend. Matt said: “These gigs have been so exciting for us. We love playing all over the place.

“Our favourite show so far was probably Las Vegas, which maybe says something about the show that we’ve got with all the lights.

“It just seems to work there with all the electrics. Then we went off to Uncasville in Connecticut, a place I never knew existed, and the crowd was incredible.

“It is great to be back on home soil though. Coventry — our first gig outdoors this week — was special.”

I have a running joke with Muse bass player Chris about the band making a loss on every gig because the electricity bill for the lighting show is so extravagant.

But Matt said it was under control: “Everyone thinks the electricity bill for these shows must be huge. But we’ve got low-energy LED stuff — so it’s not as bad as you might think.

---

“It might be an idea to get the roadies on spin bikes under the stage to run a few dynamos to charge it all up. Then again, they would be there all day and all night.”

The band have become multimillionaires over the years thanks to two No1 albums — Black Holes And Revelations and The Resistance — and a series of top ten singles.

They have also become a revered live act, winning a Brit Award in the Best Live category, a Best Rock Album Grammy and an American Music Award for The Resistance.

Since 1994 the band have released six studio albums — flogging more than 15million worldwide.

Their latest album, The 2nd Law, and the single Madness, received Grammy nominations this year. Matt might be in a long-term relationship with a combined wealth of millions but he insists his feet are still firmly planted on the ground.

He said: “Money and success havn’t really changed my beliefs or opinions over the years.

----

“I have been lucky to experience a lot of the spoils that can happen in a rock band.

“But being with the three guys in this band from such a young age, we aren’t going to let any of the spoils change us.”

Over the last few months Muse gigs have clashed with terrifying acts of terrorism.

The band played two nights at Madison Square Garden in New York, with their first on the same day as the Boston bombings.

----

Matt took to the stage and played a Jimi Hendrix-style guitar solo of Star-Spangled Banner — bringing the house down. This weekend, they play two nights at The Emirates following the brutal murder of solder Lee Rigby in Woolwich, south east London.

Matt said: “It was crazy in New York on the day of the Boston bombings. We were playing Madison Square Garden that night — and the atmosphere in the city was noticably different from normal.

“It is difficult to choose the right words on stage on a day like that. You don’t want to get into making a political speech, even though you feel strongly about what is happening.

“It’s really sad but we have to find that element of balance because we are there to entertain and put a smile on our fans’ faces.

“It brings back everything that happened in New York in 2001. It added a bit of a sombre tone to the gig but the spirit in the city shone through and everyone enjoyed the night in the end.

“We will do the same when we take to the stage this weekend.”

The show must go on — and Muse have some special gigs coming up.

They will perform at a show for the premiere of Hollywood film World War Z next Sunday at Horse Guards Parade in London.

Click here to read the whole thing.

I may be old fashioned but if you become a mom,stay at home and raise your kids,then you give them a settled and secure home life.

you're terribly old fashioned

Frontman Matt Bellamy, bass player Chris Wolstenholme, both 34, and drummer Dom Howard, 35, will celebrate their 20th anniversary as a band next year.

They're getting old lol